Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

IPOTAD is back!

Almost a year ago I pulled my proof Kennedy short set with the thought that I'd put it back when I finally hit 100% DCAM. Well, at long last - after nearly five years of hunting - I nailed the 1965. It's an MS65DCAM, so it isn't a numerical increase from my MS67CAM, but it sure feels good to finally achieve this goal!

For those interested, here's the set:

http://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/publishedset.aspx?s=27651

Now I can spend the next five years trying to find an upgrade for anything in the set. image

Russ, NCNE

Comments

• Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    Nice set Russ, congrats>>> image
    Dan
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wat to go Russ! Must be nice to get something at 100%. I've only done that 1x, and of course it was Dimes. At least you can get a short set in DCAM, as it cannot be done in the Dimes. Below are the total DCAM Dimes for the SMS years...

1965 DCAM's = (0)
    1966 DCAM's = (1)
    1967 DCAM's = (15)

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats, Russ! Now will you continue to look for higher grade?

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Now will you continue to look for higher grade? >>

Yep, I will continue that exceedingly frustrating quest. image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Home.

<< <i>This is a set that is exceedingly easy to assemble in the lower to mid-range grades, but extraordinarily difficult to build at the upper echelon. It is also a set that can still be built by diligent hunting for raw examples. Thus it has something to offer both the moneyed collector and the not so moneyed collector. >>

From one of the not so moneyed collectors down in the twenty-forth slot.