Home Metal Detecting

How are CU metal detecting finds certified?

storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
For purposes of awarding "best find" recognition,
how is it determined that a "find" is actually an
item that was discovered with a metal detector?

Is the honor-system in play, or are witness statements
required?

Thanks.
Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.

Comments

• laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255
    I always figured it was on an honor basis. Otherwise how ya gonna know?
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • The honor-system is used.
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage

• << <i>The honor-system is used. >>

Honor Plus a lot of us hunt with a partner (witness). In the past VTH3, I have nothing to gain by not being honest.

Have Fun

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭
    Lie just to get a little online plaque to put on your sig. line?
    Whats the point?image
    But I suspect it either has or will happen.image
  • marymmarym Posts: 713
    If I reported finds even half as good as the rest of you, I'd be accused of lying lol
    Be Still and Know
  • OmegaOmega Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭
    I always thought they were Board Certified...image
    marym, you could stumble onto a fantastic find at any outing so don't feel like you can't or won't be able to do it.
  • I don't think anyone know if someone posted a cheat but the cheater him/herself.

I would expect that everyone posts real MD finds here since there is nothing to gain.

Thanks for asking that question I'm sure fellow members here once or twice wonder about that themselves.

• marymmarym Posts: 713
    "marym, you could stumble onto a fantastic find at any outing so don't feel like you can't or won't be able to do it."

You're right Ken, I could stumble on to a fantastic find. And at the rate I'm going, I'm more apt to stumble upon the item then I am to detect it. lol

Be Still and Know
    It's like the lottery, you can't win if you don't play. Now get out to a playground or somewhere and get warmed up and ready for the summer digs.