Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Need help identifying country on this coin....

......thanks for the help. Can't find it in my World Coin book image

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.

Comments

• Options
    STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭
    Isn't VOC = Dutch East Indies Company ("Vereenigde Oostindische Compagnie")?

Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!
  • Options
    DesertRatDesertRat Posts: 1,791

<< <i>Isn't VOC = Dutch East Indies Company ("Vereenigde Oostindische Compagnie")?

image >>

Yes - it is a Dutch Duit

I posted a thread similar to this a few weeks ago Here
  • Options
    BlackhawkBlackhawk Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭
    Netherlands East Indies - Holland. Very nice also, I might add.
    "Have a nice day!"
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great - thanks. You guys are the best. image

Selling a small collection for a friend and this was in the suitcase.
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The VOC (Dutch East India Co.) duits have various coats of arms on their obverses, because they were issued under the authority of several different provinces. All have the VOC monogram on the other side, though. As Blackhawk pointed out, this one with the single lion in the arms is from Holland.

PS- as he also pointed out, it is a very nice example. Usually one sees these in much lower grade. Yours actually has some mint red peekin'.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lordmarcovan:

It does seem to be a nice RB piece. Looks nice in person too. image