Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Dumb Pop Report Question

When checking your set registry and it shows a grade of say 8 and then lists the pop of say 3. Does that total pop report of 3 include 8's that receive qualifiers?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

From what I can tell, that total does not include cards with qualifiers.
  • Options

<< <i>When checking your set registry and it shows a grade of say 8 and then lists the pop of say 3. Does that total pop report of 3 include 8's that receive qualifiers?

Thanks >>

There is a separate column for those that receive qualified grades (8Q, 9Q, etc.).
  • Options

There is a separate column for those that receive qualified grades (8Q, 9Q, etc.). >>

Sorry, I my question was kinda confusing. I know on the Pop Report there is a seperate column, but I am talking about a set on the Registry.

For example - I have a PSA 9 card in a set and when I view the set on the registry it states there is a Pop 2. Does that Pop 2 include all cards graded or just ones that do not receive a qualifier.

I think I am confused now
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    If the Registry says Pop 2, that means that there are two unqualified PSA 9s. It does *not* include qualified 9s, or cards that received any other grade.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

<< <i>For example - I have a PSA 9 card in a set and when I view the set on the registry it states there is a Pop 2. Does that Pop 2 include all cards graded or just ones that do not receive a qualifier. >>

That total would include only the 9s without qualifiers.

• Options
    Got it - Was never sure on that.

Thanks
  • Options
    DerekDDerekD Posts: 388 ✭✭
    The POP count on the registry includes all the cards of the same value. For example, if you have a PSA 6 entered, the POP count will include the number of all 6's + the number of all 8Q's. Also, the "POP higher" will include Q's worth higher than your card. In this case, it would include 7, 8, 9, 9Q, and 10s, since they count more on the registry.

Straight 8, 9 and 10s are all clean, since the higest qualifier card is a 9Q, which equals a 7 on the registry.

Hope that makes sense.