Home Sports Talk
Options

Isringhausen to close, Wainwright #5 starter

frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like Wainwright as a starter. Mark it down folks - he will win 15 to 18 games this year. He has been lights out so far in the spring. I know that doesn't mean much, but he was lights out last year down the stretch as well. I actually like the Cardinals pitching this year better than I did last year.

Once again, people around baseball are doubting the Cardinals. Once again, they will win 90 to 95 games and take the Central, and make a third run at the World Series in 4 years.

Shane

Comments

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Once again?

The Cardinals limped their way to 83 wins last season, and thanks to their playing in the lackluster NL Central they were able to make it to a World Series (which allegedly they won, according to the few people that watched it).

And, need I remind you of the Cardinals performance in the 2004 World Series?

People around baseball are doubting the Cardinals for a reason.
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    I doubt 'em too, but strangely enough, I think the pitching is going to be better this year.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Once again - they were plagued with injuries and yes they did limp into the playoffs. If you will take a look back, however, they got healthy at the start of the playoffs when it really matters. When they got healthy, take a look at what they did to the almighty Mets and what they did to the prematurely crowned World Series Champion Tigers.

The key this year again is to stay healthy. I think the pitching staff will be just fine. Carpenter will contend for the Cy Young award. Kip Wells has looked good. Looper has surprisinly looked good. Anthony Reyes, I think, will step it up. I also think Wainright will show signs of dominance. (Yes, dominance). The lineup will be one of the best in the NL. The defense is always great. I really think 95 wins is not only doable, but likely.

Shane

• Options

<< <i>I doubt 'em too, but strangely enough, I think the pitching is going to be better this year. >>

What was I thinking when I typed that.

We freakin' suck!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I doubt 'em too, but strangely enough, I think the pitching is going to be better this year. >>

What was I thinking when I typed that.

We freakin' suck! >>

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!

I posted this on the Cardinals messageboards - I think Hal McRae needs to be fired. The offense didn't have this trouble with Mitchell Page. It seems as though they pop up all the friggin' time. Even Pujols. As for Pujols, he needs to start taking that outside pitch to the opposite field. He also needs to take a good rip at that first strike. He NEVER swings at that first strike. Pitchers know this, and he more times than not, gets behind in the count.

Back on track - the Cardinals absolutely stink out loud!

Shane

• Options
    The early success of Marquis and Suppan is just salt in the wound.

What's worse is that this team seems like it's going to wither away following the death of Josh Hanco-k, as opposed to the 2002 team, which seemed to draw inspiration from Darryl Kile's death.