Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Ebay SSP and a giveaway (WINNERS IN 1ST POST)

Comments

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Freebie entry

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    Bid placed on 1937 half crown (drjules1972)

Please enter me in the giveaway

Many thanks for the chance

Dr J
  • Options
    Bid #1 entry charon(58)

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    Bid #2 entry

Thanks for the chances.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    DesertRatDesertRat Posts: 1,791
    Thanks for the chance.
  • Options
    Bid entry (bazze11)Hong Kong 1 Cent 1904-H NGC MS61 BN

thanks again
  • Options
    I'd love to have those world coins. Someone else can have the free store items... I need more world coins in my collection! (currently have about a dozen)
    To support LordM's European Trip, click here!
  • Options
    Bid placed British West Africa 1/2 Pence 1932 ANACS MS64 - SilverEagles92
  • Options
    Bid #2 placed Japan Sen 1922 ANACS MS63 RB SilverEagles92

Thanks for the chance!
  • Options
    Please enter me for #1 freebee, #2 British West Africa 1/2 Pence 1932 ANACS MS64, and #3 Hong Kong 1 Cent 1904-H NGC MS61 BN
    ebay user id: endersdw
  • Options
    Please enter me for the giveaway.... 3 times...

The Freebie and also...

the 1937 proof crown

and the 1973-S proof Kennedy Half.......
  • Options
    ibzman350ibzman350 Posts: 5,315
    what the heck.......I'm in.

Now let me go and bid up a few folks..image

Herb
    Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    DoogyDoogy Posts: 4,508
    cool, enter me please thanks!
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image only the freebie entry...I am on an ebay strike for two and a half more weeks, so that will be my only entry unfortunately.

Cathy

• Options
    GooberGoober Posts: 980 ✭✭✭
    Slowly started bidding up the Kennedy.
    Prost!

Why step over the dollar to get to the cent? Because it's a 55DDO.
  • Options
    BurksBurks Posts: 1,103
    Freebie Entry
    WTB: Eric Plunk cards, jersey (signed or unsigned), and autographs. Basically anything related to him

Positive BST: WhiteThunder (x2), Ajaan, onefasttalon, mirabela, Wizard1, cucamongacoin, mccardguy1

Negative BST: NONE!
  • Options
    Bid #1:

eBay ID: Beanieshawn
    WTB: Eric Plunk cards, jersey (signed or unsigned), and autographs. Basically anything related to him

Positive BST: WhiteThunder (x2), Ajaan, onefasttalon, mirabela, Wizard1, cucamongacoin, mccardguy1

• Options
    Bid #2:

eBay ID: Beanieshawn

Thanks for the chance!

• Options
    dorancoinsdorancoins Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭
    Count me in, and, since I placed a bid on one of your items, my eBay handle is, not surprising, dorancoins. image
    DORAN COINS - On Facebook, Instagram, X (formerly Twitter), & www.dorancoins.net - UPCOMING SHOWS (tentative dates)- 10/8/2023 - Fairfield, IL, 11/5/2023 - Urbana, IL., 12/3/2023 - Mattoon, IL.
  • Options
    Rickc300Rickc300 Posts: 876 ✭✭
    Thank you for chance... Enter me for one freebie chance and a second for item 250098075898, Austrian 6 Kruezer. By the way, That is a really lousy pic of that coin as compared to most of your other pics. My eBay ID is the same as here... RICKC300

Does an offer on an item count for an entry? If so I might make an offer on the ICG AU 58 Prussian Thaler. I am interested and will make an offer so we both save on the shipping with the 6 Kreuzer. The fields look pretty beat up in the photos but I know how that can be caused by the lighting while taking pics. What does it look like in hand? Having dealt with you before, I trust your word on the description you give.

Thanks,
    Rick
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed lamb contesting that vote. Benjamin Franklin - 1779

1836 Capped Liberty
    dime. My oldest US
    detecting find so far.
    I dig almost every
    signal I get for the most
    part. Go figure...
  • Options
    dcamp78dcamp78 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭
    Thanks for the chance...
    Big Dave
    -------------------------
    Good trades with: DaveN, Tydye, IStillLikeZARCoins, Fjord, Louie, BRdude
    Good buys from: LordMarcovan, Aethelred, Ajaan, PrivateCoinCollector, LindeDad, Peaceman, Spoon, DrJules, jjrrww
    Good sale to: Nicholasz219
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Freebie post for now, might have a bid or two later.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    newsmannewsman Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Freebie post for now, might have a bid or two later. >>

Ditto.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Freebie post for now, might have a bid or two later. >>

Ditto. >>

Ditto Ditto lol
  • Options
    nicholasz219nicholasz219 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭
    Hey, I put a bid in and I'll take a free entry. I have been buying bulk lots of world coins for the junior members in my coin club. Those old guys used to do the same for me 15 years ago.

Nick

PS-Ebay ID is the same, nicholasz219
  • Options
    #2 by default - I don't mind. image
    The meaning of life ? I don't know but I am sure that coins have something to do with it.

Zar's Ebay
  • Options
    Cool giveaway Please add my Grandson Tylers Name, I will also be bidding ona few itemsimageMoJo
    Ebay Seller I.D
    the_northern_trading_company
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • Options
    Bid on 1919 3 pence. (pamapa)
    How many entries do I get ? Thanks for the chance.
    Molon Labe
  • Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    Just reminding folks that the auctions (and giveaway) end tomorrow night about this time... still some stuff going dirt cheap!

Thanks for taking a gander and/or bidding! image
  • Options
    Rickc300Rickc300 Posts: 876 ✭✭
    I just placed a second bid on item 250098075898 and am the current high bidder. You are killing me here, I would normally snipe it and either win or lose it based on the sniper attack. I am still considering an offer on the thaler if I win this auction to combine shipping. Good luck and I hope these auctions work out well for you...
    Rick
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed lamb contesting that vote. Benjamin Franklin - 1779

1836 Capped Liberty
    dime. My oldest US
    detecting find so far.
    I dig almost every
    signal I get for the most
    part. Go figure...
  • Options
    Gee, I actually won another auction.

I guess I'm going to have to get a Krause so I know if what I'm paying is in line with value. image
  • Options
    Surprise....

I won BOTH auctions that I bid on.......
  • Options
    Well, I won an item as well (1904/804 Denmark 1 Ore in XF). Hopfully I win one of the two prizes in this giveaway. image
    DORAN COINS - On Facebook, Instagram, X (formerly Twitter), & www.dorancoins.net - UPCOMING SHOWS (tentative dates)- 10/8/2023 - Fairfield, IL, 11/5/2023 - Urbana, IL., 12/3/2023 - Mattoon, IL.
  • Options
    I won the Hong Kong 1904H Cent but I had to fight for it.
    Imagine that! An auction wihere people bid against each other to buy something. What's the world coming to? image
  • Options

<< <i>I won the Hong Kong 1904H Cent but I had to fight for it.
    Imagine that! An auction wihere people bid against each other to buy something. What's the world coming to? image >>

And it still ended considerably below my cost. image

Oh well, you live by the sword and you die by the sword. This definitely was a learning experience for me, given that I've only ever used Stores for coins:

1. Low-value items are not worth putting at auction. If an item sells for $0.99, $0.40 is gone to Ebay and PayPal. Not to mention that the end result isn't worth the effort involved, in my opinion.

2. $0.99 starting doesn't work unless the merchandise is premium or in-demand. For "run of the mill" merchandise, you're better off doing fixed price or stores and running the occasional sale, in conjunction with Best Offer.

3. I think I need to change my shipping methods and costs for low-dollar items. $4 shipping probably scared off some people, so I should probably have a different "tier" of shipping for lesser items that omits the insurance and extra packaging...

I think for anything likely to sell for less than $5, I think it's more cost effective (and time effective) to either put them in lots, or sell here in the weekly BST.

Thanks to all who participated! I'll calculate all the entry numbers and pull the winners tonight or tomorrow night.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I won the Hong Kong 1904H Cent but I had to fight for it.
    Imagine that! An auction wihere people bid against each other to buy something. What's the world coming to? image >>

And it still ended considerably below my cost. image

Oh well, you live by the sword and you die by the sword. This definitely was a learning experience for me, given that I've only ever used Stores for coins:

1. Low-value items are not worth putting at auction. If an item sells for $0.99, $0.40 is gone to Ebay and PayPal. Not to mention that the end result isn't worth the effort involved, in my opinion.

2. $0.99 starting doesn't work unless the merchandise is premium or in-demand. For "run of the mill" merchandise, you're better off doing fixed price or stores and running the occasional sale, in conjunction with Best Offer.

3. I think I need to change my shipping methods and costs for low-dollar items. $4 shipping probably scared off some people, so I should probably have a different "tier" of shipping for lesser items that omits the insurance and extra packaging...

I think for anything likely to sell for less than $5, I think it's more cost effective (and time effective) to either put them in lots, or sell here in the weekly BST.

Thanks to all who participated! I'll calculate all the entry numbers and pull the winners tonight or tomorrow night. >>

coinpictures - As far as starting the bids at $0.99, from my experience, it is not worth it when you factor eBay fees and other stuff. Also, on the low ticket stuff, I go by a shipping rate (i.e. $2.00 for totals under $25.00, $3.00 for items totaling between $25.01 and $49.99). I leave Priority Mail as a option at the buyers choosing.
  • Options
    I feel bad that I won that 3 pence for $ .99, (but not bad enough to refuse it lol)
    Molon Labe
  • Options
    *burp*

Winners in 1st post...
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool and thank you! I'll pick choice number two...the chance to shop! PM sent image.

Cathy

• Options

<< <i>Cool and thank you! I'll pick choice number two...the chance to shop! PM sent image.

Cathy >>

Stork, very good choice. As for my "reject", its not a reject but a treasure, as there is something about a 3lb lot of world coins that interests me - can't place my finger on it. Nevertheless, congrats to you and a big thank you to coinpictures for the prizes and the opportunity for the chance to win. This giveaway was very fun, indeed. imageimage