Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

OT - ebay help please

Sorry that this is not really coin related but I would welcome advise and comments on an ebay item I am selling. I have some used camera lenses up for auction and one of them is getting a disproportionate amount of attention. I have had these lenses for years and I don't use them anyome as I have gone digital so I put them up for auction. No big deal but this one

800 views!

has gone off like a storm. Over 800 views and 29 watchers so far. Anyone out there know enough about the second hand camera business to tell me whether this is normal or have I just hit it lucky. Oh and I realise that this much interest has no bearing on the final price, but I am holding out hope!

Dr J

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe it's that clause about "free gold coin with this order!" that you put in the description?

Edited to add: now that you linked it up here, it's bound to have a lot more than 800 views! image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    LouisCampLouisCamp Posts: 468 ✭✭✭
    I looked.....

Lou
    lchobbyco
    ANA Life-Member
  • Options

<< <i>now that you linked it up here, it's bound to have a lot more than 800 views! image >>

Nothing like a bit of salesmanship eh?

Dr J
  • Options
    newsmannewsman Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭
    My guess is that more people are interested because a screw-mount lens is more versatile, since it can be adapted to just about any SLR.
  • Options
    Kurt4Kurt4 Posts: 492 ✭✭
    Also, some people like big, heavy glass. And Sigma lenses are good lenses. I have many old Nikon lenses that are big and heavy. I love them. They inspire confidence and take a licking.
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭

400mm . . . . a paparattzis dream.image
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    One more person watching! Will this lens fit a Canon EOS (non-digital) body?

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    newsmannewsman Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭

<< <i>One more person watching! Will this lens fit a Canon EOS (non-digital) body?

imageimageimage >>

No. Canon EOS uses a special mount that will not accept manual focus lenses.
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to be crude, but maybe people are searching the word 'screw'. Just a thought image

• Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    I have some kind of mount/adaptor to which I can attach Zeiss lenses; I wonder if this would work for this lens?

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options

<< <i>Not to be crude, but maybe people are searching the word 'screw'. Just a thought image >>

Oh you never stop do you!

Dr J
  • Options

<< <i>Maybe it's that clause about "free gold coin with this order!" that you put in the description?

Edited to add: now that you linked it up here, it's bound to have a lot more than 800 views! >>

Now over 1,000 - probably helped by Rob's little fib. image
    Roy

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ha. I crack me up. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.