Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Completely OT critter pic post (well, not completely- there is a Liteside coin in one picture)

Here is Oscar, shortly after I rescued him and his sister from a puddle down by the boat ramp. This picture was taken when he had improved a little- when I found him, he was so malnourished he could barely hold his head up.

Here he was posing with a coin. He's not smart enough to be a Darksider, so it was a Morgan dollar. image

NOW...

fast forward just a few months... far less than a year, and look at him. Oscar is bigger than the dog. In fact, one of his favorite sports is stealing the dog's bone. Note a second, already-stolen dogbone beneath him, while he makes the grab!

The Great Heist, as it happens! Note also the size of this not-yet-full-grown cat's belly. He's a monster.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS- Bailey the Dog has a forum pedigree. We got him from Aethelred and Queenie (Dead King and Mrs. Dead King), back in 2000. He's a great dog, and a good sport when the cat steals his bone. Sometimes there is growling if it's a particularly tasty table scrap being stolen, however.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    I have an Oscar, but his name is Kiko, rescued from the deep woods of Western NY, wearing a strange coin on a golden chain around his neck (no, no, that's a different story).image

How he got where he was is a mystery...

Suffice it to say he is an all- black kitty who insists on being cleaned constantly by Cleo, an older and larger cat who is a twin to your Oscar in coloration and toning (just like a coin would be described). It seems as if Kiko's mother was with him short-term.

Either way, you're in it (barring accidents or disease) for a good 12-15 years.

For forum member cat owners: how many of your fickle felines did you choose and how many chose you?

ed for spl/punc
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>wearing a strange coin on a golden chain around his neck (no, no, that's a different story). image >>

Oh, do elaborate. I like the sound of this story so far. image

<< <i>For forum member cat owners: how many of your fickle felines did you choose and how many chose you? >>

We have three.

Two we chose, and I guess Oscar kind of chose us. Well, he didn't have a whole lot of choices when I found him, since it was basically life or death. Faced with a life or death decision involving a cat, I guess we didn't have a choice, either. We weren't exactly in the market for another cat, but the Good Lord must've known I have a soft spot for them. Dogs I like, but I'm primarily a cat person.

• StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Morgan language... He's a 'monster'. Hard to believe that little bitty thing grew up that well! Nice save image!

• 1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Oscar looks like just like a cat who adopted me while he was in a cage at a pet store I entered one fine day in 1993. I named him Deadhead, and he also grew to an immense size, and it wasn't fat; he was simply a gargantuan cat. Soon afterwards I adopted a sidekick, half Siamese, from a friend's litter, and named him Tripper.

To answer your question, Laurent, another pure-bred cat adopted me from a breeder's stand at a show in 2001; she was a Somalian and she tragically died 3 years later: EZ, my love. Her half-sister Ryder still misses her now.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭

For forum member cat owners: how many of your fickle felines did you choose and how many chose you?

About 15 years ago, I had chosen one, who lived with me, a very difficult character to other people except me. Ever since Minou passed away, a lot of them choose my yard each year,to live, get fed and give birth and they're all welcome, but they spend almost all of their time outside. image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3