Home Sports Talk
Options

Phillies going wire-to-wire this coming season

stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
Take this prediction to the bank, deposit it and gain good interest. The Phillies will be 11 - 4 in their first 15 games, ahead in first place by 2 games, and go wire-to-wire the rest of the season.

It's first place all the way this year!!!!! With the NL and World Series pennant as well!!!!!!!!!!

Go Phillies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    You forget to mention:

20 Win Club

Brett Myers
    Cole Hamels

60 HR Club
    R Howard

40 HR Club
    P Burrell

Thanks
    Managment
  • Options
    i wish you only the best of luck with this prediction.

I have Ryan Howard in three different fantasy leagues... i hope he has a monster year. Also, Chase Utley is quickly becoming one of my favorite players, so I hope that he does well.

Hopefully your phillies will meet my Indians in the World Series..then I do apologize, I cannot cheer for the Phils anymore lol
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I predict Howard will NOT hit over 50 HR's this year, his protection? Pat Burrell? World Series is possible though, only to get bested by the BOSOX.

Thanks
  • Options

<< <i>You forget to mention:

20 Win Club

Brett Myers
    Cole Hamels

60 HR Club
    R Howard

40 HR Club
    P Burrell

Thanks
    Managment >>

Totally agree! I just honestly believe the Phillies are sitting on a monster year!

• Options

<< <i>i wish you only the best of luck with this prediction.

I have Ryan Howard in three different fantasy leagues... i hope he has a monster year. Also, Chase Utley is quickly becoming one of my favorite players, so I hope that he does well.

Hopefully your phillies will meet my Indians in the World Series..then I do apologize, I cannot cheer for the Phils anymore lol >>

I'm kinda hoping for a Phils - Yanks WS, but I would gladly take a Phils - Indians WS.
  • Options

<< <i>I predict Howard will NOT hit over 50 HR's this year, his protection? Pat Burrell? World Series is possible though, only to get bested by the BOSOX.

Thanks >>

I'd gladly take a Phils - Red Sox WS. I'd even take a Phils - Royals WS. LOL
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take this prediction to the bank, deposit it and gain good interest. The Phillies will be 11 - 4 in their first 15 games, ahead in first place by 2 games, and go wire-to-wire the rest of the season.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Until they demonstrate that they aren't going to underachieve yet again, I'll choose to believe they will do so again.

As for Howard, he has to hope Burrell has a monster year or he's going to be walked an awful lot.
  • Options
    They do have a strong team on paper but the Mets might be trouble for them, I hate NY obviously so I will root for you guys.
  • Options

<< <i>Take this prediction to the bank, deposit it and gain good interest. The Phillies will be 11 - 4 in their first 15 games, ahead in first place by 2 games, and go wire-to-wire the rest of the season.

It's first place all the way this year!!!!! With the NL and World Series pennant as well!!!!!!!!!!

Go Phillies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >>

Hey Steve, Wanna bet? image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Take this prediction to the bank, deposit it and gain good interest. The Phillies will be 11 - 4 in their first 15 games, ahead in first place by 2 games, and go wire-to-wire the rest of the season.

Go Phillies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >>

Hey Steve, Wanna bet? image >>

Anything non-money. image

Well...almost anything. LOL
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steve,

Phillies are due ..... oh, not a shabby team either image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    You Philly fans are almost as bad as Yankee fans... image
  • Options
    Jerry,

NOBODY bla bla bla bla's more then you brother !imageimage

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    just as long as they play better than the fliers. they went wire to wire too. on the basement. and next year they will be good. they are making changes and they will spend the money. i hope the phillies do well this year. one thing that i know for sure, the bucs will suck again. they are too cheap. when the get a good player, they trade him. all the owners want is the cash!!! image
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

So, my team doesn't even conform to any mathematical laws. The season hasn't started yet and the Royals are somehow 7 1/2 games out of first place already.
    DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

So, my team doesn't even conform to any mathematical laws. The season hasn't started yet and the Royals are somehow 7 1/2 games out of first place already. >>

Actually, starting Alex Gordon in the majors reduced the defecit to only 5 1/2 games.
    Travis
  • Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    The Marlins are definitely going to take 2nd place in the East this year! image

The Phils? Possibly...the Mets are going to struggle with their pitchers and the Marlins don't have the fire power..yet.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    1980 ALL over again!!!!!

Plan the parade down broad street!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
  • Options
    Lefty is going to be signing down here in a few weeks....the Phils should already have the division wrapped up by then! Ahhh that
    1980 season. Gotta love it. I still have a bad taste in my mouth from 93.

JS
  • Options
    And the 83 WEEZ Kids...... What a line up : rose, morgan, perez, schmidt, carlton..
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
  • Options
    Do the Sillies have a bullpen yet? Don't tell me Flash (The Lead is Gone in a Flash) Gordon is still your closer! image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    who needs a closer when you are up 8 runs in the 9th?

JS
  • Options
    Beat the World Champs tonight going away! 1-0, we're on our way!

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Myers is off to a good start!
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    And Howard starts the season by batting 1.000
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    and the Phillies blow it!
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    The wire just short circuited.
  • Options
    So much for the Phillies going wire to wire, huh? image

• Options
    Man, these Mets are good!

• Options
    KOBEcollectorKOBEcollector Posts: 3,873 ✭✭
    Man, these Mets are good!

Ya, it sucks we have no pitching huh lol
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    3 games in and people are already getting over excited. Pirates are playoff bound at this point. image, I think the Cards lineup sucks, Mets pitching will collapse and the Brewers may win the central.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    Phils problems of bad bullpen, no hitter behind Howard, and an average outfield look like they might be a real concern this year like last year. Good thing the GM Pat
    Gillick kept Charley Mayberry on. Should make for a quick solution in his mind come May.

aconte
  • Options
    Absolutely brutal to give up 2 runs in the ninth like that last night...but as someone said, its only game 3.

• Options
    At the request of stevek, we have locked this thread from further replies until the Phillies win a ballgame.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Signed,

CU Sports Talk Moderator
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>At the request of stevek, we have locked this thread from further replies until the Phillies win a ballgame.

Thank you for your cooperation. >>

Death. Taxes. Underachieving Phillies.
  • Options
  • Options
    Three games into the season.......image
  • Options

<< <i>Death. Taxes. Underachieving Phillies. >>

You got that right! image
  • Options
    So no wire found yet? image

• Options

<< <i>So no wire found yet? image >>

Yea, the ugly wire. image
  • Options
    And it better not get any uglier or there will be riots in Citizens Park. image
  • Options
    I swear Philly is a town of losers. What a waste of guys like Howard, Utley and Cole. Maybe we can trade them away Rolen and
    Thome style and get some middle releiver. Was the rest of the league so crappy back in 1980 that the Phils stole one..I mean
    beating the Royals isn't exactly a great feat. Didn't Amos Otis hit everything out of the park in that series?

Chuck Manuel will be out by May.

Js
  • Options
    Boy, these Phillie fans are a fickle bunch, one series and you abandoned your team. What true fans! image

• Options
    Wasn't the series IN philly?? I mean come on. Was Ronde Barber pitching of something? Did Rocky take some laps around the
    stadium after the 8th inning? What the heck? Bravos...who have owned you in the past, come in to your crib to start the season
    and basically throw you around like Simeon Rice on McNabb.

Pathetic. When do we play the Brewers?

JS
  • Options

<< <i>Boy, these Phillie fans are a fickle bunch, one series and you abandoned your team. What true fans! image >>

Jerry - nobody said anything about abandoning the team. That ain't gonna happen.
  • Options

<< <i>Wasn't the series IN philly?? I mean come on. Was Ronde Barber pitching of something? Did Rocky take some laps around the
    stadium after the 8th inning? What the heck? Bravos...who have owned you in the past, come in to your crib to start the season
    and basically throw you around like Simeon Rice on McNabb.

Pathetic. When do we play the Brewers?

JS >>

What aggravates me further is that the Phillies actually have played very well against the Braves for many years. I didn't look it up but despite the "dynasty" of the Braves in the NL East, I would be fairly certain that the Phillies have a winning record against them say over the past ten seasons.
  • Options

<< <i>I swear Philly is a town of losers. What a waste of guys like Howard, Utley and Cole. Maybe we can trade them away Rolen and
    Thome style and get some middle releiver. Was the rest of the league so crappy back in 1980 that the Phils stole one..I mean
    beating the Royals isn't exactly a great feat. Didn't Amos Otis hit everything out of the park in that series?

Chuck Manuel will be out by May.

Js >>

I was at the Vet for two games in that World Series. The Royals actually had a heckuva ballclub in 1980.