Home Sports Talk
Options

Live from New York, it's Peyton Manning

Yes, Peyton will be hosting this weeks "Saturday Night Live". He says "I'm wide open to making as big a fool out of myself as you possibly can... I said I'd do whatever they want me to do."

He has been practicing with the SNL staffers all week -- "I've never laughed harder" -- and finds that team's preparation "very similiar" to the NFL routine. Writers "prepare the game plan" and worked with the cast "to put in the right plays" while he'll "be ready" to call audibles
Saturday -- "as long as nobody hits me in the back after the opening monologue."

SNL invited Manning last fall, but he only agreed after the Super Bowl. "If we'd lost, I can't guarantee I'd be here. I might be in a cave."

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>SNL invited Manning last fall, but he only agreed after the Super Bowl. "If we'd lost, I can't guarantee I'd be here. I might be in a cave." >>

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    as much as this Pats fan doesn't like Manning on the field, I look forward to seeing him on SNL.
  • Options
    I will be watching. Peyton has a good sense of humor and a willingness to laugh at himself. I'm sure that will make for some funny skits.

Remember Joe Montana on SNL when he talked about (ahem..going it solo!) LOL!
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    He cant be any worse than the rest of the SNL cast these days.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    I'm afraid to admit it but he actually made me laugh.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    You know what? He's actually pretty good on the show tonight - he's been funnier than many of the "real" guest hosts they have had this season.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He cant be any worse than the rest of the SNL cast these days.

Man, ain't that the truth! SNL is terribly unfunny these days. I've seen much better comedy on YouTube for chrissakes!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peyton was excellent - it's a shame that the writers weren't. I hadn't watched SNL in years - these performers absolutely suck. That guy doing the news couldn't even read some of the lines.
  • Options
    Peyton was really good, better than most of the cast; i agree.
    the commercial for the United way was priceless image

He was very self-depricating and a good sport. thumbs up for Peyton.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great Job Peyton image
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Cmon don't pull a Peyton Manning
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    GOODLIEUGOODLIEU Posts: 629 ✭✭
    Watched the show. He was very good. He defintely is very charismatic, and appears to be a guy you could hang out with for beers and laughs at your local pub.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>Cmon don't pull a Peyton Manning >>

That was actually a very funny skit - though they ran with the joke a bit too long. Cool to see Peyton having some fun with it...
  • Options
    Damn, I fell asleep before it started. image
  • Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942
    Good job Peyton, it was fun.
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    The United Way skit was hilarious.
    Travis
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Your all moving in with me in my mansion
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    "Mommy, mommy"

"No honey, remember, mommy's dead. Hi I'm Peyton."

Travis
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I'm the only one who watched because Carrie Underwood was the singer.

Only good bit was the United way spoof, I guess because it was taped beforehand and not live. The sketch where he played a college basketball expert, just dumb, why would he care if the other guy is making fun of Peyton Manning. Oh yeah, ha ha, he actually is Peyton Manning. Funny, funny, stuff. image