Home Sports Talk
Options

Ohio State getting spanked...

Down 17 at the half. Do they have a second half comeback in them?

Comments

• Options
    i hope not- I am in first in my pool and have Tenn beating them

watching the game online on cbs- seems like OSU is in big trouble- dont see a comeback in the cards for them
    Looking to Trade and Buy Tony Romo GU/Autos/RCS
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    Not exactly getting spanked now.

Good game brewing.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So much for that spanking...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    ddbirdddbird Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭
    Holy Crap

That game was CRAZY!

I mean...I woulda loved the last shot to fall in, but dang was that a good game.

I dont even have any complaints

• Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Did not see the end of that game, but that Memphis game had me on edge. I have them winning in two of my pools!!
  • Options

<< <i>image >>

GO AHEAD! I DOUBLE-DOG DARE YOU TO RATE ME A 1!
  • Options
    AthenaAthena Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
    That was a great game with an unreal ending. image
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Just another underdog folding under pressure after having a double-digit lead. That's happened what, about 20 times in this tournament?

This is the worst men's NCAA I can ever recall. Yeah, some of the games turned out interesting in the end, but it would have been more interesting if the 'dog would have been on the winning end once in a while...
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great game, as was the Memphis- Texas A&M game. This is one of the best tourneys I've seen in a while. Should be more great games coming tonight.image
    DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    ddbirdddbird Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just another underdog folding under pressure after having a double-digit lead. That's happened what, about 20 times in this tournament?

This is the worst men's NCAA I can ever recall. Yeah, some of the games turned out interesting in the end, but it would have been more interesting if the 'dog would have been on the winning end once in a while... >>

Are you serious?

This is by far one of the most entertaining tourneys ever. Maybe not the most interesting in terms of upsets, but every game has been good!

• Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭

<< <i>Just another underdog folding under pressure after having a double-digit lead. That's happened what, about 20 times in this tournament?

This is the worst men's NCAA I can ever recall. Yeah, some of the games turned out interesting in the end, but it would have been more interesting if the 'dog would have been on the winning end once in a while... >>

I disagree if you consider the fact that the games are getting better as they go (and they should). You used to see a 12 seed upset a 5, then get blasted in their next game most of the time anyways. The objective of seeding is to get the best teams meeting later in the tourney, and that's mainly what has happened. It's fun to see a smaller school make a run sometimes, but I'd rather see 2 powerhouses knocking heads in the end.
  • Options
    Yes, the games have been sometimes close and exciting (as tonight again) but the outcome is never in doubt. The top seed favorites win each time, every time. So far it's the same thing tonight. I don't think any tournament has ever been this predictable, and that's why I think it's the worst one I'ver ever seen.

We're to the point where you KNOW the heavy favorite is going to come back and win, which eliminates the drama.

<< <i>It's fun to see a smaller school make a run sometimes, but I'd rather see 2 powerhouses knocking heads in the end. >>

In the end, I agree. But there's something to be said for a dark horse having a chance for at least the first 2-3 rounds. NONE of that this year.
  • Options
    i have to agree with dd and i think this tournament has sucked so far. chalk teams are winning. no cinderalla story. i wonder what the ratings are like? i was hoping that gtown would lose. the guy moved his pivot foot and a nice no call. i wonder if it's a no call if the moving pivot foot was done by vandy. things that make you go hmmmm.
  • Options
    I don't know if I've ever seen one team be the beneficiary of such lopsided officiating, game-in and game-out, as Ohio State has been so far.

I don't have an ox to gore because I have nothing against them, but man, the good fortune in officiating they've had ever since the Xavier game is unbelievable.