Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

OFFICIAL EASTER COIN SWAP PAIRINGS SET - SEE BOTTOM OF PAGE 2

In short order Easter will be upon us. It's time to get a real nice swap organized.

I am glad to see that the last one went so smoothly with no apparent problemsor issues.

If interested but have never taken part before I suggest you read the particulars/ guidelines in previous swap posts.

Verifiable contact information is a must. Name, address, ph#. email addy etc should be PMd to me to be kept on file.

The "Regulars" know the workings of a successful swap and at anytime can assist any would-be swapper with any questions they may have.

First thing that needs to be done is sign up and we'll just take it from there, OK?

This gives me ample time to screen any would be participants and to pair partners of like interests and limits.

So, if you would, please feel free to sign up now.

I'll go first.

2007 Easter Swap participants:

1- B00M

Comments

• Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,024 ✭✭✭
    I am in. Thanks for hosting this swap! image

TorinoCobra71

• Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm in

Thanx
    Jim
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
    bigtime36bigtime36 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    I may like to take part in this swap, but so everyone knows my collection is limited because im just starting out. If thats a problem let me know and I wont do this one.

Thanks,
    Jim

Collect raw morgans, walkers, mercs, SLQ, barber q. Looking at getting into earlier date coins pre 1900s.

• Options
    I'll swap with bigtime36 if that is OK

Jim

• Options
    Jim,

Thanks for saying that, very cool of you. image

Jim

Collect raw morgans, walkers, mercs, SLQ, barber q. Looking at getting into earlier date coins pre 1900s.

• Options
    BRdudeBRdude Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    I'm inimage
    AKA kokimoki
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed
    Join the NRA and protect YOUR right to keep and bear arms
    To protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not soundness of heart. Theodore Roosevelt
    [L]http://www.ourfallensoldier.com/ThompsonMichaelE_MemorialPage.html[L]
  • Options
    I want hard to get SLQ MS62 or 63's. would be interested in trading SLQ's and Washingtons for the tougher SLQ. would anyone be interested ???
  • Options

<< <i>I'll swap with bigtime36 if that is OK

Jim >>

Damn! Musky1011 beat me to it. I was gonna take the NEWBIE........ image Oh well maybe next time.

TorinoCobra71

• Options
    Torino, Ill swap the next one we have with you if ya want...lol Didnt know i was high on demand for my second swap.image

Jim

• Options
    Please count me in this one image if it is not to late?
    2 operations later and on my way to a speedy recovery so I am ready to get back in to the swing of things, is it the warm weather,the meds? J/J lol. I feel great AND CAN NOW SIT HERE AT THE P.C FOR MORE THAN 10 MINUTES at a timeimage
    ,and damn everyone beat me to swap with the newbiee image

Ebay Seller I.D
    the_northern_trading_company
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Down Boyz, I'll make the pairings around here and who know, maybe I can be ... influenced! image
  • Options
    image taking bribes now LMAO image
    Ebay Seller I.D
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • Options
    oh well, put me in the mix thenimage

Jim

• Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    I'll go again.
  • Options

<< <i>taking bribes now ? >>

Who .... ME! imageimage
  • Options
    I have some sgs pr and ms 70 coins you know they are worth BIG $$$$$$$ lmao J/J TAKE CARE,mOjO
    Ebay Seller I.D
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • Options
    So how long till we get this one going?

• Options
    I,m inimage
  • Options
    DieClashDieClash Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭
    I've never done one of these before, but I've followed Boom on these boards for awhile and I think he knows me. So if you're all willing to nurse a newbie along, I'm game too!
    "Please help us keep these boards professional and informative…. And fun." - DW
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BONGO HURTLES ALONG THE RAIN SODDEN HIGHWAY OF LIFE ON UNDERINFLATED BALD RETREAD TIRES
  • Options
    This will be my second so im still a newbie at this as well... Good Luck and have fun

Jim

• Options
    headsplitter2headsplitter2 Posts: 459 ✭✭✭
    I'm here, throw my name in that hat.

Headsplitter2
    JD

I prefer Coins that are Slabbed by PCGS only.
    Coins that I can use in my Registry Set's.

edited my spelling and wording.image
    "Only 2 things are certain
    Death and Taxes" ~~ Ben Franklin
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/u-s-coins/mint-sets/1945-mint-set/publishedset/21067
    Knutson's 45' Set 2009 Winner
  • Options
    Count me in please!
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options
    Are we getting close to the pairings yet??? image

• Options
    bigtime36, cool your jets for Pete's sake!image I'd also like to welcome our newest swapper, DieClash.

He is hereby APPROVED!

According to my calendar, Easter Sunday is 04-08-07 therefore the swap will remain open ubtil 10:00 PM PDT
    04-01-07. Pairings should not take long and will be made later that evening. In all likelihood within the ensuing couple hours.

I need some definitive declarations from ctgreatone and anyone else that is on the fence.

Please state, one way or the other (all parties that have not yet done so) whether or not you are IN ASAP.

Thank you for your cooperation,

B00M image
  • Options
    I'd like to join, but I've checked all the threads and can't find the rules anywhere. Can you help? I'm definitely a newbie, so what kind of info do you need from me? Thanks, Sharkey
    Sharkey
  • Options
    Sharkey, if you havnt done so yet PM BOOM all of this: Quoted by BOOM Name, address, phone #, email address, ebay ID (if applicable)

ALL pertinent info to be kept on file..... collecting interests, a short ditty about you, what you do, accomplishments, day job.

• Options
    eyoung429eyoung429 Posts: 6,374
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

• Options

<< <i>Sharkey- read through here....

Rather lengthy but necessary....be sure to PM Boom your information or you will not be able to participate. >>

Thanks for reposting that Classic eyoung! I think that was about when I first started posting on these boards and discovered how enthusiasticly Boom approached the swap concept. I have dealt with Boom outside these swap threads and given both my experience with this thread and other dealings with Boom, I'm kind of anxious to participate in my very first swap! Let the games begin! and thanks for accepting a new swapper! image
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BONGO HURTLES ALONG THE RAIN SODDEN HIGHWAY OF LIFE ON UNDERINFLATED BALD RETREAD TIRES
  • Options
    I don't see any SLQ fans so unless someone materializes I think I will exit opt out sorry.
  • Options
    MillertimeMillertime Posts: 2,048 ✭✭
    It's been a little while since the last Boom swap so count me in on this one.

Millertime
  • Options
    Good Crew. Sorry you can't make our lowly swap, ctgreatone, but this is supposed to be fun and not bound to whatever expensive tastes one may have exlusively.

One of the rules states that there shall be no placing of undue/ unreal demands on your swap-mate. Be flexible.

Sorry Sharkey but 3 times people told you what to do and you have not yet done so. If you do not know how to PM someone, it never hurts to ask.

BTW THIS is precisely the type that may NOT participate unless they provide FULL and COMPLETE disclosure of all possible about them. THIS won't do! You don't just materialize, say "I'm in" and not provide verifiable info! Sorry, but it just doesn't work that way. Leave it at that!

If you want in Sharkey, you'll have to a LOT better than the following:

First Name: Chris

Last Name: North

Nickname: sharkey

City: Columbus

Province/State: Ohio

Message Posts: 3

Last Visited On: March 29th, 2007 11:20 AM

Average Posts Per Day: 1.00

OK fellas, this thing is still O P E N till later this evening! SIGN UP NOW!

image Welcome back Millertime.
  • Options
    OK. Sorry for the short delay in posting but none the less, here we go:

Official pairnings for the 2007 easter Coin Swap are as follows:

B00M swaps with Mojoman and vice-versa

Torino71 swaps with DieClash and vice versa ( Torino, take care of this guy. He's good as Gold, I assure you)

Musky1011 swaps with Bigtime36 and vice versa - Good Luck guys! image

BRDude swaps with Aija and viceversa

JohnK swaps with eyoung429 and vice versa

HeadSplitter2 swaps with Millertime and vice versa.

These are the Official pairings. Remember, this is The Easter Swap and Easter is now but 6 days away so let's get this taken care of over the course of the next 2 days, OK!. Let's get some correspondence going, agreements made and then come BACK to this thread and physically POST whether or not you have come to terms and then again later to POST at the very least our Delivery Confirmation Numbers so all may follow these transactions and whether goods have been shipped and received.

You ALL know the rules except for DieClash, Bigtime36 and maybe BRDude, however , having dealt with Kirk (DieClash), having spoken extensively with Boiler Room Dude and seeing how Mr. Big has taken to this like fish to water I really do not foresee any problems.

MAKE SURE TO COME BACK HERE AND POST YOUR DELIVERY CONFIRMATION NUMBERS!

You are all FREE to set whatever limit at which you are comfortable with your assigned partner.

PLEASE REMEMBER- THIS IS NOT A GET RID OF TRASH YOU NO LONGER WANT IN THE HOPES OF RECEIVING SOMETHING NICE. NO ONE IS TO DO ANYTHING WITH WHAT IS RECEIVED UNTIL PARTNERS SPEAK WITH ONE ANOTHER, MAKING CERTAIN BOTH ARE SATISFIED AND THEN POST THIS INFO HERE!

ONCE BOTH OPENLY DECLARE THAT THEY ARE MUTUALLY SATISFIED, THEN AND ONLY THEN ARE YOU FREE TO DO WHATEVER YOU PLEASE WITH YOUR NEWLY GAINED GOODIES. IF YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED MAKE DAMN SURE YOU LET YOUR PARTNER KNOW AND EITHER IRON IT OUT OR RETURN THE ITEMS!

DO NOT post that you are all happy with what you received only to complain about it later. If you have issues with your partner or about what was received versus what SHOULD BE spoken about and agreed upon beforehand, try to iron it out amongst yourselves first. If you are not content let your partner know.

If you speak with one another and come to terms, arriving at "How" or by what means "VALUES" are set then there should be NO ISSUES. One cannot overgrade raw coins or price such material using the PCGS Price Guide or Coin World's Current Values.

Either use Real World figures (hard proof such as receipts) or traceable auction results. For Pete's sake, we are all grownups here so let's behave accordingly.

I have been keeping individual records on every swapper. (This is one reason why I ask that you follow certain protocol.) Everyone has his own personal file and is RATED accordingly. Chronic, problematic swappers eventually will be weeded out and asked to make things right or to not take part in future swaps voluntarily, by me.

If one is continually problematic, he will be excused from the club .... any and all such privileges will be taken away. This is for the Good of the Whole. I WILL NOT PERMIT a Bad Swapper to ruin it for the rest of us!

BEST POLICY- Treat your partner the way YOU would like to be treated and if there is ANY DOUBT .... ADD SOME MORE. THIS IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE. IT'S NOT THAT DIFFICULT, I ASSURE YOU. Learn to let go and how to GIVE.

With that thought in mind I want to thank all of you and to take this opportunity to wish all of you and your families a Beautiful and Happy Easter.

God Bless you all.

PEACE. image
    B00M image

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    eyoung429eyoung429 Posts: 6,374
    pm w/contact info sent to Johnk

• Options
    PM Sent to DieClash!

TorinoCobra71

• Options
    Thanks for all the PMs, guys. I appreciate communication. image

I hope to conclude correspondence with Mojo SOON for several reasons. We've already touched base.

I ask that you all, in your own special way, pray for or keep Dave in your thoughts & prayers as he has endured a back surgery and surgery on his thyroid gland. He has been made to endure hearing the MOST DREADFUL words a person can be told by a Doctor .... that the growth is malignant Cancer and requires IMMEDIATE Surgery. I don't think I need to say much more. You can all figure out the rest on your own.

As for me, this week being "Holy Week", is VERY significant to me on a personal, spiritual basis. The events of the last 2 years have been extremely trying and thru it all, my brave little girl, the 1 companion I have had by my side, now appears to be in the final stages of a very touching and inspiring battle with Lymphosarcoma (Google it). So ... as I said, I don't think I'll be on the computer much at all this week. It's not going to be pleasant any way you look at it. I suppose this is all meant to be. To say that this week is very significant on a personal level is indeed, putting it very mildly. Those that have lost special firends know how difficult and heart-wrenching it can be.

Happy Swapping and Happy Easter to all.

B00M

• Options
    PM sent to bigtime36

• Options

<< <i>PM Sent to DieClash!

TorinoCobra71 >>

PM received and PM'd back. Here we go! image
  • Options
    Deal consumated with DieClash!

Confirmation # = 0503-8555-7490-9149-4835

Hows that for lightening fast shipping BOOM!?! imageimageimage

TorinoCobra71

• Options

<< <i>Deal consumated with DieClash!

Confirmation # = 0503-8555-7490-9149-4835

Hows that for lightening fast shipping BOOM!?! imageimageimage

TorinoCobra71 >>

Just a split second faster than yours truly! image

Conf. # 0503 8555 7491 6493 6026

DieClash
  • Options
    Torino & Clash, you 2 are definitely da Bombs!

Chatted at length with my swap partner on the telly.

Will consumate the particulars either later tonite or tomorrow latest! image
  • Options
    Pm sent to Musky, and BOOM i just want to say i hope all goes well for you guys.

Jim

• Options
    Thank you Bigtime. I appreciate that. It's tough, I guarantee you but things happen sometimes that we just cannot control.

I'm worried about my beautiful dog, the one on the sig line and I'm also worried about mojoman. He's been through a lot and although we discussed the swap I am still waiting on him but giving him plenty room as I'm sure he is really scared about now. image
  • Options
    Came to terms with Mojoman. His Delivery Confirmation # is as follows: 9101 1501 3471 1811 6488 15

You will be in our prayers Dave. I'll be thinking of you often. I pray for a speedy and thorough recovery.

Take care my friend and Happy Easter to you.

B00M & The Gang! image
  • Options
    headsplitter2headsplitter2 Posts: 459 ✭✭✭
    Sent my package to Millertime with Delivery Confirmation 03060320000490874688.

Headsplitter2
    JD
    "Only 2 things are certain
    Death and Taxes" ~~ Ben Franklin
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/u-s-coins/mint-sets/1945-mint-set/publishedset/21067
    Knutson's 45' Set 2009 Winner
  • Options
    Deal consumated

Da-Boom,I sent your items out today, delivery conf #420 70560 9101 1288 8230 0870 6668 55
    www.usps for tracking info image
    image MoJo
    Ebay Seller I.D
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • Options
    Thanks Warren,I do appreciate your kind words and keeping me in your prayers . I also want wish you and your mother a Happy Easter . take care my friend,Dave
    Ebay Seller I.D
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • Options
    Musky and I are in nagotiations right now...LOL image

• Options
    MillertimeMillertime Posts: 2,048 ✭✭

<< <i>Sent my package to Millertime with Delivery Confirmation 03060320000490874688.

Headsplitter2
    JD >>

My package went out this morning. I'll check back later and provide confirmation numbers.

Millertime
  • Options
    I got my swap from DieClash today and it is AWESOME! A crusty 1861 Seated Quarter and a Lewis and Clark Coinage and Currency set!

THANKS DIECLASH!!

image you da man!

TorinoCobra71

• Options

<< <i>I got my swap from DieClash today and it is AWESOME! A crusty 1861 Seated Quarter and a Lewis and Clark Coinage and Currency set!

THANKS DIECLASH!!

image you da man!

TorinoCobra71 >>

A very quick and smooth swap! Thanks Torino for making my first swap experience one to remember! image

Here's what I got in return:

1941-S WLH - PCGS AU58
    1949-S FH - PCGS AU55
    1963 FH - PCGS PR65
    1976-S KH - PCGS MS65