Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

OK - I took the plunge and started a registry set - Proof or MS scoring?

I started the 19th Century no gold type set and I'm in humble 11th of 19th position. The set is called John and Noah's 19th Century MS and Proof Type Set. Several of these coins were raw purchases by my eons ago, recently graded by PCGS.

So, any comments and advice from set veterans?

Should I delete the VF graded half cent, or leave it in?

New question: Is it better to include a lower grade proof, or a higher grade MS coin? Example, Proof 61 Morgan or MS65 common date?

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye

Comments

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    John and Noah's set Nice set. I would leave all of those coins in, and up-grade when you can!

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice coins.

I luv the 97-s dime. Doesn't look funky to me!!!!!

Jon
  • Options
    Gotta agree with Jon. The 97-S looks nice to me too!
    Nice start and welcome to the mad world of registry set collecting!
  • Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the kind comments for the newbie. New question is 1st post.

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice set. As for your question the highest grade gives you to most points in most cases. But check out the set composition for the plus and the minus bonuses.