Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Not covered in PCGS price guide

I was checking out the shared submission page and came across this coin someone made.
Problem is I can't find it in the price guide. Noted as a US coin, but where does one go to find out about coins this old?
I'm dumb as a hammer on this coin, and don't even know what the denomination is.
Cert # 08808014
1787...Fugio...Variety...New Haven Res, Brass MS62..
Dan

Comments

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dan, Its not a dime so who cares!? imageimageimage

Seriously, I have no clue. I think that there are quite a few coins that I couldn't find on the set registry pop report.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Dan, Its not a dime so who cares!? >>

My point exactly!!!! WHAT is the coin? If I were to spend one, on say a 1-cent item, would I get change?
    After all, I don't want to spend my Fugio and get hussled out of my change. image
    Another thing.. When I go to pay for my item and tell the sales lady, "I'm going to give you a Fugio".
    Seems only proper that after she slaps me, I'm able to tell her what a Fugio is. image
    Dan
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

You guys are a hoot!image It is called a cent, but I don't think it was minted by the US mint. It is in the redbook I believe. And the sales lady SHOULD slap you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jon
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Dan, Its not a dime so who cares!? >>

My point exactly!!!! WHAT is the coin? If I were to spend one, on say a 1-cent item, would I get change?
    After all, I don't want to spend my Fugio and get hussled out of my change. image
    Another thing.. When I go to pay for my item and tell the sales lady, "I'm going to give you a Fugio".
    Seems only proper that after she slaps me, I'm able to tell her what a Fugio is. image >>

You're going to give her a Fugio? Is that what the kids are calling it these days? You'd probably be surprized at her reaction.
    She's probably been dreaming of a good Fugio all day!
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The original Fugio cents were struck in 1787, but restrikes were made outside the U.S. Mint; they are commonly referred to as New Haven restrikes, and I believe they were made in the 1860's. The restrikes look more like modern coins than the somewhat crudely made originals. They are well struck, and the planchets are better.

Read about them here.

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!