Home Sports Talk
Options

Just wondering as a cowboys fan..

kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
TO next year?? parcells was one coach that could actually keep it to a minimum.

wade phillips is in deep sh$t! I hope he is cut by June 1st. Or will that matter money wise anyway?

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jerry Jones for whatever reason just seems to love TO. If Jones wants him there, of course he'll be there.

Jones seems to be the type of guy with a gigantic ego none of us can comprehend, who will hurt the team just to try to make a point. Don't believe that? - he's already proven that when he fired Jimmy Johnson. He'll keep TO just so he can try to prove everybody wrong - no matter if it hurts the team, which it will.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree Steve. When he fired Jimmy, it was the beginning of the end. Really, the organization still has not recovered.

I'm a Cowboys fan and I will be the first to admit, the team has basically sucked ever since. Yeah, they won one more super bowl but only because of Jimmy's left over players. Not anything Jerry or Switzer did.

Maybe your buzzards can bring a few friends, carry both Jerry and TO away and drop them in Tampa image
  • Options

<< <i>I agree Steve. When he fired Jimmy, it was the beginning of the end. Really, the organization still has not recovered.

I'm a Cowboys fan and I will be the first to admit, the team has basically sucked ever since. Yeah, they won one more super bowl but only because of Jimmy's left over players. Not anything Jerry or Switzer did.

Maybe your buzzards can bring a few friends, carry both Jerry and TO away and drop them in Tampa image >>

Yea, Switzer won that Super Bowl despite himself...another excellent college coach who for whatever reason couldn't quite grasp the professional game. I don't even want to think about how dominant the Cowboys probably would have been in the NFC if Jones would have kept his giant ego in check and allowed Johnson to get the credit which he deserved - it's scarey to think about it. Johnson actually didn't do all that bad in Miami - he had a lot of bad luck down there. Johnson, despite his success, I think is still an underrated coach.

-
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    Actually JJ should get the credit. He is the Guy that bought in Jimmy.

But the main reason was herschel walker, and the Vikings. Thank you Vikings for all those draft picks and our 3 superbowl titles..

Back to my question though. Does anyone think wade phillips is going to be able handle TO.

IMO TO will be worse this year then he has ever been before. Please cut him
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Chris is correct.

It wasn't Jimmy Johnson, and it wasn't Jerry Jones. It was Mike Lynn of the Vikings. image

check out the end result of the trade - purple morons!
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think if Romo can get T.O the ball he might be somewhat happy, I doubt he will go the season without acting up at all but if he is the guy that Romo counts on to make plays T.O might be happy getting credit if the 'boys are succesfull. Wade Phillips might just let T.O run the show too, which will suit him just fine.
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭
    Jones won't let T. Blow go.

Phillips may not have the personality to contain him when he doesn't get enough attention, and he always feels like not enough attention is being given.

His best years may have passed him while he screwed around. This will surely drive him nuts.

I'd like to see him fail a drug test, get caught in a cheap hotel wearing fishnets and stilletos with a transvestite hooker in a mule suit, something really humiliating.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> I'd like to see him fail a drug test, get caught in a cheap hotel wearing fishnets and stilletos with a transvestite hooker in a mule suit, something really humiliating. >>

I dont think you left anything out there....image
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    Anything other than TO staying would be an admission of making a mistake by Jones..something he would never own up to.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    <<< I'd like to see him fail a drug test, get caught in a cheap hotel wearing fishnets and stilletos with a transvestite hooker in a mule suit, something really humiliating. >>>

Jerry Jones could probably be in the room as well, perhaps with a slightly different costume.
  • Options
    TO's baggage out weighs his worth to the team...I say cut him and move on
    Collecting:
    Dallas Cowboys
    SuperBowl MVPs
    Heisman Trophy Winers