Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

2 Down - How many more to catch Davalillo?

I just completed my second set in all PSA 8 and above. It's the 1971 Topps Hockey set. While not a very difficult set there is a lot of competition for the tougher cards. Most of the cards can be found readily in high grade and do not completely break the bank. I was able to complete this one by purchasing or trading for just 7 of the 132 cards. The rest I was fortunate enough to grade myself. I would guess it took me about 3 years to complete but I was in no hurry. The final two cards #11 Bill White (PSA 8) and #94 Bob Pulford (PSA 9) I just got back this week from PSA. You can view the set here: 1971 Topps Hockey Set

Enjoy,
Doug

Looking for well centered 1958 topps baseball psa 8 and up. Also dying for a 70 Aaron All Star in PSA 9.

Comments

• Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    Congrats..........imageimage
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    Way to go Doug!
    Orioles cards from 1960 to today.

Be good my brothers.
  • Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    Congrats Doug. Nice to be able to complete a set mostly of your own subs. Great set too. Nice gpa. A 1/1 Ron Schock card, outstanding!

I need only three more cards for this set too. The last few have been tough to find, or I should say, win at auction.
  • Options
    StumpStump Posts: 927
    Doug

Congrats on this. I am also working on this set. I have only been buing 9's but now I must go to the 8's. Your right on the competition. Your set is wonderful. Good job on the completion.

Dave
    Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com
  • Options
    DavalilloDavalillo Posts: 1,846 ✭✭
    Doug,

Ongrats--that's excellent news.

Doug is one of the great guys in the hobby and routinely sends me cards I need for my sets.

Keep it up!

Jim
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations, Doug!

Would love to meet up with you in the next few months to chat -- I'll give you a shout out sometime soon.

Marc
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Nice going Doug!

At this rate, you're only falling about 3 sets a months behind Dav! The rest of us are falling faster than that!!!

Frank
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

<< <i>2 Down - How many more to catch Davalillo? >>

Catching Davalillo?

Would be like me playing Michael Jordan "one on one" and me winning! image

Not! LOL!

rd

P.S. Congrats on completing your '71 hockey set!
  • Options
    shouldabeena10shouldabeena10 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭
    Hey Doug,

Congrats on the set!

It looks like you're just a few cards away from completeing several more sets in straight 8's.

Of course the real question is ... How's that fantasy football team of yours going to perform this year?

Mike
    "Vintage Football Cards" A private Facebook Group of 4000 members, for vintage football card trading, sales & auctions. https://facebook.com/groups/vintagefootball/
  • Options
    Doug congrats image

ps say hello to your buddy DL for me.

Hope to see you guys at a fort show soon

ART