Home Sports Talk
Options

Joey Harrington & David Carr - better than their teams/records?

Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
I think Carr is better than his record. His college line was better than anything the Texans ever gave him, and as such who knows. He hasn't had many other skill players to work with either. Andre Johnson is great, and Domanick Davis (or whatever he is now called) was average - everybody else was subpar.

Harrington didn't have much to work with in Detroit, but am not sold on him. Would like to have seen how he would have done with Martz. Dolphins were nothing to get too excited about either.
Mike
Bosox1976

Comments

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Don't think this has been mentioned but the Texans are currently negotiating to trade for Schaub.

Link

I wish Carr the absolute best where ever he ends up, just as long as it's not here image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's my point, I guess, whomever gets Carr is going to get a better quarterback than many think. I find it hard to believe that Schaub is the answer.

Kitna probably benefited greatly from Martz's arrival - Harrington probably would have looked better under his tutelage too.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    I always thought Carr was good. I dont follow Houston but I dont think they ever got a "premier" rb to take the load off him. I'm not gonna even mention that o-line early on. Well I guess I did
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Carr was starting to show signs of turning up his game in the last few games of the season. I think Texans management is pretty inept.

And this really makes them look stupid for passing on Vince Young.
  • Options

<< <i>I always thought Carr was good. I dont follow Houston but I dont think they ever got a "premier" rb to take the load off him. I'm not gonna even mention that o-line early on. Well I guess I did >>

DD was pretty soild for 2 years, just underrated. 2,100 yards and 20 TDs in two years ain't shabby considering how terrible our line was. Boselli crushed us but injuries happen (especially with JAX during those years, but that's a different subject).

I think it was unfair to throw Carr in day 1. It works with some but it shouldn't ever happen with an expansion team. Put a vet in for a couple of games and then decide if it's time.

Having said that, Carr's head is not screwed on right. I honestly believe he's shell shocked and hesitates a second or two too long... Hey, I probably would too if I got sacked 60 something times in one year.

If he stays, I'll still cheer for him. If he leaves, I wish him the best of luck.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>Carr was starting to show signs of turning up his game in the last few games of the season. I think Texans management is pretty inept.

And this really makes them look stupid for passing on Vince Young. >>

Keep beating a dead horse.

Oh and I have a news flash. That "inept" management is currently in the unemployment line. That was almost a year ago....

Except for Charlie, who could only find a token spot on CBS : eyeroll :
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be unfair to bad mouth Carr, the guy has been sacked more times than I can count. If you put Carr in another situation I think he could be a very good QB. Like Stown said it is unfair to throw a QB right in the fire like they did and have him get crushed week in and week out. Look at Palmer, Rivers ect.. they got time on the sidelines to learn the NFL and it shows.
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    Carr has ably demonstrated that he is not very good. They realized it a year too late (Vince Young is gone), but they did figure it out.
  • Options
    Carr released.

Link

wow.
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    Along with Dominack Davis/Williams
    Travis
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cleaning house in Houston? Davis getting released does not suprise me one bit especially after Green was signed. Its a shame that Carr didnt have more protection and a better supporting cast, he could be a steal in the right situation.