Home Metal Detecting

Mar07 final update

Went back to the house that I searched January. It's getting hard to find anything now, but there are still some treasures buried under the junk.

Peruvian pink opal, with small pearls, gold ring.

Cardboard..... lots of it. There must be close to 1000.
The dark stack in the box is football. The small stack in the top left is hockey, desert storm, and misc. The rest are baseball dating from 1975 to 1991 with one card from 1954 that was tucked in one of the Beckett books.

Anyone here collect these things?

Comments

• marymmarym Posts: 713
    I collect rings Tim image lol
    Be Still and Know
  • These guys could help you out:

CU Sports cards forum
  • bigtime36bigtime36 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    Phut, I am a card collector... Hit me up

Jim

Collect raw morgans, walkers, mercs, SLQ, barber q. Looking at getting into earlier date coins pre 1900s.

• phutphut Posts: 1,087
    You're sharp Maryimage

Thanks Rick.

I'll shoot a PM Jim.
  • purelyPSApurelyPSA Posts: 712 ✭✭
    Phut - there might be a half a dozen specific cards to look for, but it's by the years and looks of the condition, it's probably best used as kindling.

Also, that Ed Bailey card is not from 1954 but from the early '90s - it's a reprint known as an Archives card.
    "You're sharp Mary"

Does this mean I don't get the ring? darrnnnnn lol

Those cards may not have a high monetary value, but I bet someone's young child would be thrilled to have them!

Be Still and Know
    Thanks for the info purelyPSA. I looked some of the Topps cards and found only a few that were worth more than 50 cents in nmnt. Most were 2 to 18 cents, and I'm guessing that, like coins, that is graded. Oh well, off to the local kids. They can supply their own clothes pins. Do bicycles still have spokes?

<< <i>Does this mean I don't get the ring? >>

Yes, it does Mary. image
  • Nice ring Tim!
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • >>Cardboard..... lots of it. There must be close to 1000.<<

I wonder what they would bring on E-Bay? ? ?

CONTEST?

I bet $500.00

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
    I would guess closer to $350.00 for the lot of cards, and $12.50 for S/H.
    Be Still and Know
  • Take the cards to your local hospital. The kids there love them. I did that with several hundred of my commons
    Molon Labe
    I like the hospital idea unknowncomicimage

I had my first MD hunt this past weekend. The ground is still a little cement like in many spots, but open fields and southern exposure were diggable.

Saturday: Hank and I went to a lot that has been in the same family since 1635. The owner gave permission to someone else a couple years ago and they hammered the place. It's been difficult to find anything there, but we both managed to walk away un-skunked.
    1600s spoon minus the handle, three buttons, 172? Wood's Hibernia, and 1803 US cent.

Sunday: Great Bay, NH. More hammered spots, but this place is always fun. Lots of deep woods.
    Large flat button, General service Eagle button, King George facing left(1730s)
    Hank's finds can be seen on Treasure depot.
    Not pictured yet..1863 IHC
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You suck more than a supermassive black hole.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • I agree with LM. Nice finds!
    I lust for silver.
    imageimageimageimage

• << <i>You suck more than a supermassive black hole.

image >>

imageimage
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
    That gif was one that Zot created back when Tim dug a 1799 half reale on one of my sites down here on his visit a year ago. It still makes me ROFL every time I see it. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
    Matter o' fact, Tim, I believe you suck nearly as much as Millennium. If it weren't for him being at it twenty years longer than you, with his two gold coins and last year's decent 1794 half cent, you'd be The Grand Suck-O-La around here. In fact, since he's seldom around, I reckon you are. (Though I see his lightbulb is lit in my buddy list- Steve, are you here? Better get busy, fella- you have somebody walkin' very close on your heels! Oh, and take me with you when you do get busy.)

I reckon I am gonna have to go to England once or twice to even remotely begin to suck as much as either of you.

Went out yesterday afterwork to a field in West Newbury. I could tell right off that someone beat us to it. Nothing but small rusty crusties left in the field so I ventured into the woods. The ground is still solid anywhere that doesn't get sun, but I figured it's about time for a new shovel anyway so I put it to the test. It passed.
    This is everything I dug(minus one pulltab).
    Most of this would normally end up in one of my five gallon buckets, but I'm bored and figured I'd show some of the junque I have to dig to get to the mediocre stuff.

These are kind of interesting. They appear to be some kind of home made Christmas ornament.

I have no clue. It has a pat. date of March 27 06 and a list of countries.

I found the next two pieces on a small hill about 50 yards from the 1900s stuff.
    I thought I had another King George copper until I cleaned this up. Same size and material. Anyone have a clue?

Oh, check out the latest Eastern Western mag. My buddy Hank has an article about the tree coins he found in the past couple years. I was with him when he found the 2 pence.
  • >> image

Could it be a stopper for a hot water bottle?

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • very nice finds!.....hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • The mighty Phut never ceases to amaze. Great work!
    Saturday morning. One of my 'just around the corner' sites that I reserve for a quick fix when I ain't got time to get to a Colonial site.
    Towle sterling ring.

Saturday afternoon. Met up with some friends and we drove around West Newbury looking for anything to hit. We settled on a spot behind a cemetery and spent about two hours hunting. Basically a skunk for all of us.
    The pocket watch had an implosion, but the glass held. It left a cool pattern.
    The pieces you see as Christmas ornaments I'm seeing as hand made hooks for lighter weight items like hats or scarves. Pretty neat what ever they are!
    Be Still and Know
  • Very nice there Tim. Gotta love those relics!

G.
    imageimageimage