Home Stamps Forum
Options

Richard Frajola

I posted a message on your site asking whether or not there are any dealers in the San Francisco area that might sell discount postage or just older sheets of the more common 50's and 60's stamps.
Do you have any idea about this. I think my question got lost in one of thepostal history discussions.
Any ideas? How about other than San Francisco?

Comments

• Options
    edueku - You might try Stanley Piller in Oakland. He usually has discount postage. I think he is at a stamp show this week in Cleveland though. Tell him I sent you. The other dealers I know in the SFC area are auction houses (Rumsey and Harmer-Schau) who probably use all the discount postage they buy. I think Gary Posner has been buying 3c sheets at a premium in the last year (presumably to pull gradeable stamps). So, there should be a lot of scrap around someplace.

Stanley Piller usually visits my board and I thought he would respond. Sorry that your post wasn't answered.
    Richard Frajola
    www.rfrajola.com
  • Options
    Thanks Richard, I have a non-collector friend who likes to dress up her mail with the older stamps. She lives in SF I live in Indiana so I was trying to think of place she could actually drive to and be able to look around. I know Posners ads buying the stuff you mentioned, I figured they were trying to pull graded stuff too, man that later graded stuff is probably going to crash through the floor value wise. I think I've bought a stamp or two from Stanley Piller. I will pass on the info to my friend, thanks for your help!