Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Stolen cards recovered - 1961 Topps

Thank you to all of you who expressed concern and encouragement when I report on December 20 the theft from my home of two
one-of-a kind 1961 Topps PSA 10 cards, Jim Golden and Chico Cardenas.

I am happy to report that I have recovered the cards today. The two cards appeared in ebay listings, and when I contacted the seller, a very reputable ebay seller and daughter of a local card shop owner, the cards were quickly returned to me. Apparently the thief sold them to the shop owner, who, completely unaware of their origin, then had them listed on ebay.

Unfortunately, I do not have enough information to track down the thief, but I am greatly relieved to have these 2 cards returned to the collecting hobby.

Best wishes to all of you in your hobby pursuits.

Bob Earhart

Comments

• Options
    SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    Way to go, Bob!

And I think this calls for public acclamation for the eBay seller who helped you out. Let us know who it was!

Nick

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, cool story. Kudos to the ebayer.
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    odd...

the shop owner did not make out a receipt for the suspect or even have him/her show a driver's license?
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    auction

good seller, I'll watch his auctions and deal with him if possible!
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    Wow, Way to go. I'm glad that sometimes these things work out. I recently had a PSA 8 greatest monents stole from my house. Man was I peaced. This was nothing compared to your loss , but still very painful. I filed a police report and set up a block site on the registry, so that if someone tries to register it , I will be notified. I really doubt I'll get my card back, but your story gives me a whisper of hope. Thanks for the good news, on your part.
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    The ebay listing for one of the cards was Item number 300092575160. You can find the listing by doing a search with this item number.
    As I said, this ebayer was nothing but completely cooperative and courteous about the situation. I had the cards back in my possession within 2 hours of when I contacted her.

Bob Earhart
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Good to hear image
  • Options
    Bob,

Glad it all went ok!

Gator
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Glad that you got them back, Bob. Only too bad that the thief was not captured in the process....
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great story with a happy ending. Seems that the honest seller will be the only one losing out on the deal since im sure he/she paid the theif something to attain the cards. Hopefully it wasnt a lot.
  • Options
    Boy Talk about LUCK!!!!! Great You Got the Cards Back!!!!Poor Shop Owner Out some bucks tho!! Only TWO hours to get cards back!! Most Women I know take longer to get dressed to go to the Post Office. After Returning the Cards You Don't remember Their ebay Tag??
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    yes good indeed-

that is why I take pics of all my graded stuff and record the serial #s in my inventory. If stuff is stolen I will at least be able to track the packs or cards thru the serial # and provide pics of the items to anyone who may need them.

No idea who may have taken the cards? If you do, try to get a picture of them to show the police and have them go speak to the dealer.
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

As a former resident and now in Vancouver,WA, i believe this card was most likely sold at Frank and Slobs( whoops, Sons).