Home Sports Talk
Options

Anyone follow college hockey?

The 16-team tournament to determine the Div. I Championship starts this Friday. Sure doesn't get the publicity that college basketball and football get. Anyway, go Fighting Sioux!!

Jeff

Comments

• Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The 16-team tournament to determine the Div. I Championship starts this Friday. Sure doesn't get the publicity that college basketball and football get. Anyway, go Fighting Sioux!!

Jeff >>

Best sport ever! Worst politics. Can you imagine a Duke/UNC second round matchup in hoops?

This takes some of the sting off of the Frazee debacle earlier this year.

Good luck vs. the ugly helmets.

• Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Been going to college games for years until this year as its become very difficult to get a ticket. GO Irish! image
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    Yeah, Michigan got totally screwed though by their location. Going to be a tough road for them. If their goalie is on like he has been lately, they can make a run. If he plays like he did early, it's one and done. Go Blue!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Yeah, Michigan got totally screwed though by their location. Going to be a tough road for them. If their goalie is on like he has been lately, they can make a run. If he plays like he did early, it's one and done. Go Blue!!! >>

Sauer blew the Notre Dame game with that rediculous play in the 3rd. I'll be shocked if UND doesn't get at least four vs. Michigan. Michigan has a shot, but they will need to capatilize on their PP and they have to stay out of the box or they will be torched.

Due to the Holy Cross incident I'm just hoping my guys take down Air Force. image

• Options
    Incredible weekend so far. Maine and Michigan St. punch tickets to Frozen Four. BC will no doubt punch theirs' tomorrow. That leaves the Superheavyweight division with Gophers and the Sioux. The Gophers looked beaten today until a three goal comeback with eight minutes to play vs. Air Force. UND just keeps scoring touchdowns every game and blitzed Michigan 8-5.
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭

<< <i>Incredible weekend so far. Maine and Michigan St. punch tickets to Frozen Four. BC will no doubt punch theirs' tomorrow. That leaves the Superheavyweight division with Gophers and the Sioux. The Gophers looked beaten today until a three goal comeback with eight minutes to play vs. Air Force. UND just keeps scoring touchdowns every game and blitzed Michigan 8-5. >>

Sioux looked poor 5-5, but Michigan decided to try much of the game out shorthanded and they paid for it. Sauer is terrible at times and today he let in some soft ones. Minny was hardly a superheavyweight for most of their game, but Air Force started playing that dump and run hockey to try to kill time and that's likely what cost them. I never understand why a team changes what they did to get a nice lead to try to preserve a lead.
  • Options
    The Gophers got straight up lucky today. Michigan's insistance on recruiting only one goalie at a time has finally caught up with them after 15+ years. UND's top line should be in the NHL.

• Options
    UND takes my guys down in OT. I hate disallowed goals. Need to kick my dog. image

BC/UND Winner vs. Maine/MichState Winner for the national title.