Home Sports Talk
Options

Sid "the kid" Crosby for MVP

He scored a 1 on 4 goal last night falling down that didn't look humanly possible. This kid is the real deal. They are building the new house for "Lord Stanley. Watch out for this young team! And we can thank Mario for keeping the team in Pittsburgh. Thank you Mario!

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This kid is leading the NHL in scoring correct? How old is this guy?
  • Options
    crosby is 19, staal is 18 and malkin is 20.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    ahhh I love this time of season when its hockey playoff time and every teams gets in. See you in Decmeber for the Stanley Cup?

Sincerely,
    Americans
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ahhh I love this time of season when its hockey playoff time and every teams gets in. See you in Decmeber for the Stanley Cup?

Sincerely,
    Americans

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    I thought you loved this time of year because Florida State is still theoretically alive in the hunt for the BCS Championship.

Seriously, though, the NBA has become way worse than the NHL when it comes to undeserving teams making the playoffs.

And, yeah, El Syd is sick.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942

<< <i>I thought you loved this time of year because Florida State is still theoretically alive in the hunt for the BCS Championship.

Seriously, though, the NBA has become way worse than the NHL when it comes to undeserving teams making the playoffs.

And, yeah, El Syd is sick. >>

Remember when hockey and basketball were considered "winter"sports? Now that both have what seems like never ending playoffs
    it is usually well into June before it is over. Something dragged out that long dilutes my interest in it.
  • Options
    Didn't the NHL change some rules years back to help create scoring. What happened to the days of the 160 point scorer?

This league is boring.

How good are the Pens is the question?
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭

<< <i>Didn't the NHL change some rules years back to help create scoring. What happened to the days of the 160 point scorer?

This league is boring.

How good are the Pens is the question? >>

I personally would rather watch a 3-2 game over a 6-5. I prefer a good defensive matchup. Not sure why everyone thinks more scoring always means a better game. I think if scoring is difficult, it's more exciting when it finally happens.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i> I think if scoring is difficult, it's more exciting when it finally happens. >>

Tell that to a typical 15 year old.
  • Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942
    Changes were made to increase scoring and it seems to have worked to some extent.

Some changes that were suggested but not implimented included increasing the size of the net and having less padding on the goalie
    so that more pucks could slip by him and into the net. Those proposals were not implimented.

More scoring apparently has done next to nothing to increase interest in the NFL as shown by TV ratings and attendence which has
    is about the same or down slightly in some cities.
  • Options
    I am hardly an NHL fan, but want happened to the prolific point tallies? Of course you had Gretzky and Mario scoring crazy amounts, but you do not even see 135 points these days. I think Yzerman hit that number once or twice and so did Jagr, but seeing someone get 100 is a great mark.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought for awhile they slowed the game down with some new rules, but then changed it back. As far as Gretzky goes the teams that he was on were prolly the best ever assembled.
  • Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I am hardly an NHL fan, but want happened to the prolific point tallies? Of course you had Gretzky and Mario scoring crazy amounts, but you do not even see 135 points these days. I think Yzerman hit that number once or twice and so did Jagr, but seeing someone get 100 is a great mark. >>

Those days may very well return. The game has opened up and it's the smaller and slicker guys who will once again be able to play their games. You still need a stud defenseman or two but the slower goons are really not made for the new NHL. In fact, they're probably liabilities.
  • Options

<< <i>ahhh I love this time of season when its hockey playoff time and every teams gets in. See you in Decmeber for the Stanley Cup?

Sincerely,
    Americans >>

Another great statement from lil Joey. Last time i checked not every team makes it. Of course.. you wish that was true in the NFL, then Bucs may actually make the playoffs again. oh well.. better luck next time Joey.

btw crosby will probably get it.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i> I think if scoring is difficult, it's more exciting when it finally happens. >>

Tell that to a typical 15 year old. >>

Yup, they have a miniscule attention span which is why most children are attracted to the NBA.
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Yup, they have a miniscule attention span which is why most children are attracted to the NBA. >>

I thought that was why people liked the NFL?

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Yup, they have a miniscule attention span which is why most children are attracted to the NBA. >>

I thought that was why people liked the NFL? >>

With all the breaks between plays and timeouts allowed, the NFL needs focused viewers... If you had a short attention span, you'd likely never watch it past the first quarter (and I'm a big time NFL fan saying this).
  • Options
    PBRatPBRat Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Crosby may win the Hart Trophy. But, until he quits whining and complaining to the refs, he won't be universally liked outside of Pittsburg.

I'd rather have Ovechkin anyday.
  • Options

<< <i>Crosby may win the Hart Trophy. But, until he quits whining and complaining to the refs, he won't be universally liked outside of Pittsburg.

I'd rather have Ovechkin anyday. >>

I don't care if a player is liked, I'd take Crosby over Ovechkin... They're both very skilled, but I think Crosby is a better team guy (makes the players around him better) and that's why I'd take him first.
  • Options

Ovechkin! you gotta be crazy. Scoring Crosby 1st, Ovechkin 12th. Assists Crosby 2nd, Ovechkin 32nd. Pens in 2nd place with an outside shot on 1st and Washingtojn in last place. It's no contest. Sidney is well liked around the league and he takes alot of punisment. He's the star. So the Pens brought in Laraque for protection. Crosby is the best passer in the league. And there is an h in Pittsburgh. Sid for MVP. He's getting old at 19.
  • Options

<< <i>Ovechkin! you gotta be crazy. Scoring Crosby 1st, Ovechkin 12th. Assists Crosby 2nd, Ovechkin 32nd. Pens in 2nd place with an outside shot on 1st and Washingtojn in last place. It's no contest. Sidney is well liked around the league and he takes alot of punisment. He's the star. So the Pens brought in Laraque for protection. Crosby is the best passer in the league. And there is an h in Pittsburgh. Sid for MVP. He's getting old at 19. >>

Well Crosby does have a lot better talent around him the Ovechkin does, so points don't necessarily tell the story nor does playoff positioning. Best passer... argumentative.

Both very good young players though... Interesting to see how their careers progress.
  • Options
    PBRatPBRat Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Ovechkin! you gotta be crazy. Scoring Crosby 1st, Ovechkin 12th. Assists Crosby 2nd, Ovechkin 32nd. Pens in 2nd place with an outside shot on 1st and Washingtojn in last place.

Pittsburgh has a lot more talent than Washington, so Crosby has better numbers this year.
  • Options
    Happy birthday Sid!
  • Options
    Happy birthday Sidney!