Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

should vams have a higher weight on registry

i was woundering if any one thinks coins with vam listing should have a higher rateing in regestry then non vams in the same grade

Comments

• Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say no... because there is a separate Registry just for VAMs.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    i understand but i was woundering about other sets were vams can be included
  • Options
    I am new to the coin world. What are vams?

Thanks
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    I also say no.

Just as is the case with the many other sets that have 'varieties', use those sets to see where you rate vs. other VAM collectors.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No because every Morgan is a VAM image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    Yes.
  • Options
    I do not thinks so. Many Morgan dollar collectors are not interested in vams, and therefore should not be penalized for not having them in their basic registry. For those of us do like vams, we have 4 registries where the vams are weighted.
  • Options
    garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    No, that is why there are variety sets so that you can list them there. What would be nice is if PCGS would have variety sets for each coin type that has varieties. For example: There is no place for me to list my 1946 DDR Walking Liberty 1/2 because there are no Wlaker variety sets.

My DDR is a MS64 so I am not going to use it to replace the MS66 in my registry! Come on PCGS start a set where my 1946 DDR can have a home!
  • Options
    good point guys i was just woundering
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, at least not until we get PCGS to straighten out the BS vs Satin issue. But a VAM set as a stand alone set could be interesting.

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are already three stand-alone VAM sets -- Top 100... Top 100 + Hot 50... and Major VAM Set (not to mention the Morgan Super Set which consists of the Major VAM Set PLUS the 97-coin "regular" Morgan set).
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    Dennis - - to be totally accurate, I think the Super Set contains 12 "extra" VAMs that are not in the Major VAM set
  • Options
    I say no for the reasons given that there are now Vam sets that the coins can be placed in. Of course they could make a CC set that includes all the major vams/overdatesimage
    steve

myCCset