Home Metal Detecting
Options

beginner detector suggestions needed

Any suggestions for a starter detector? I have had a basic backpacker for coinshooting in city parks, etc for 20 yrs, and now I would like to upgrade to a better model. Money is no object. White XLT? DFX? Help!

Comments

• Options
    If money is no object, I would recommend you buy me a Garratt ACE 250 with the larger coil for around $300 and I will get back to you on how good it is as a beginner detector.

Welcome to the site. I'm looking for my beginner detector as well or I might have been able to give you legit feedback.

Rob

I believe if namwaj buys me a detector, I will be a friend for life.
    4/92
    4/123
    -----------
    Invested $216.76
    Return on Investment $0.68
    Found but keeping $.15
  • Options
    I bought a Garrett Ace 250 as my first detector and it is a great little machine for a beginner. If you decide you dont like it you can get most, if not all, your money back on Ebay. I recommend it as a beginers detector.
    Molon Labe
  • Options
    I thank you. Don't want to ruin a budding relationship by buying you everything you want. Then you'll just use me then kick me to the curb. "Love me for me, not my coils."
  • Options
    DesertRatDesertRat Posts: 1,791

<< <i>I thank you. Don't want to ruin a budding relationship by buying you everything you want. Then you'll just use me then kick me to the curb. "Love me for me, not my coils." >>

I bought a DFX as my first and only detector. I really enjoy it but the learning curve is steep for someone like me who doesn't quite understand the engineering/technology behind a detector.

Oh, and WELCOME!