Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

New Set Registry 50's Run

I just came across this and now have a new life time goal. I should remain in the top spot for about an hour.

[Text

Comments

• Options
    mealewormmealeworm Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭
    Wow that would be one hell of a set. I might add to it only to have all the 50's cards in one spot.

Dave
    1957 Topps 99% 7.40 GPA
    Hank Aaron Basic PSA 7-8(75%)
  • Options
    BuccaneerBuccaneer Posts: 1,794 ✭✭
    I would love to do that except I would like to see the years in there.

By the way, I would suggest to take out the prices paid for the 57s. It defeats the purpose of the Registry and cheapens it. Besides, you paid way too much for PSA 7 commons. image
  • Options
    benderbroethbenderbroeth Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    they also did this with hockey. wich i would say is a much easier thing to do..i might go for that set myself.
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options
    Buc,

I like to put the prices in my main set to track my spending and for insurance purposes. As for spending too much, we all spend too much for pieces of cardboard in plastic.

jojowest
  • Options
    BuccaneerBuccaneer Posts: 1,794 ✭✭

<< <i>Buc,

I like to put the prices in my main set to track my spending and for insurance purposes. As for spending too much, we all spend too much for pieces of cardboard in plastic.

jojowest >>

I do that as well but I keep a very meticulous log and Access database that I can analyze my spendings, savings and goals in many different ways (as well as printout for insurance purposes). I just never seen it done publically like that before.
  • Options
    DavalilloDavalillo Posts: 1,846 ✭✭
    Well, I requested that and 1960-69 Topps as a megaset.

In the 50s I have 4 sets complete in 8 or better, 3 pretty close and 3 with some work to do.

While I hope at some point to complete these sets, PSA added all the variations(for example, red and black backs for 1952 Topps which I do not do.

I also do 1948-55 Bowman megaset which I am trying to complete in psa 8 or better--biggest prooblem there is 1953 Bowman Black & White which for some cards is rare and which I believe for one card does not exist.

Biggest problem of all is data entry--although I understand from BJ that Cosetta will do for a fee.

Jim
  • Options
    Davillio,

I see you 60's mega set just popped up on the registry. I have a total of 5 cards graded from the 60's so I won't be joining you on this one, look foward to seeing yours.

Worm,

I see you jumped in on the 50's Run - Good Luck.

Buc,

I deleated the prices from this set. I agree it presents better without them howver I will keep them in my main 57 set until it is complete with all PSA 7 or better.
  • Options
    Why don't they just add an all baseball 1869-2007 set registry?image
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
  • Options
    I'm In if you request it. I think free gradung for anyone who completes it would be a good idea.
  • Options
    mealewormmealeworm Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭
    I only have cards from the 54-58 set, dont look for me to add any 52 topps anytime soon. I will be adding alot of 56's really soon.image
    1957 Topps 99% 7.40 GPA
    Hank Aaron Basic PSA 7-8(75%)
  • Options
    Hi Guys, I currently have 113 different PSA graded 1956 Topps cards for sale if anyone wants to add any to their 50s megaset. Neil
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    this set seems quite redunant to me. so do many of the mega sets. like combining the 52 bowman small and large football into a mega set. to me i would rather see the best runs either voted on or pieced together by the current yearly sets. seems like we are asking the ladies to do alot of repetitive work instead of really adding new sets. just my humble opinon.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    DavalilloDavalillo Posts: 1,846 ✭✭
    I like the megasets--its just a lot of work registering 6-7,000 cards for one set.

I need a weekend when my family is out of town.