Home Sports Talk
Options

I won tickets to the Sweet 16 and Elite 8 this morning!

If anyone was listening to WFAN this morning around 10:30 you would've heard me and my buddy Rob win tickets to the sweeeeet 16 and elite 8 at the Meadowlands

It was contest they were running where they play audio clips of past college players and coaches and you have to call in and name who it was. We were on our way to get something to eat at Wawa when they played a clip of Steve Fisher the old Michigan coach so my buddy, who happens to have the radio stations # on speed dial, called in.

The first two times he tried to call he wasn't getting any service for some reason . He tried one more time and he finally got thru. Two callers got thru before us and thank god they didn't know the answer. First guy had no guess and the second guy guessed Dean Smith. My buddy guessed Steve Fisher and Joe Beningo, the host of the show went crazy as did us.

My buddy and i are thrilled to death, 1 because i have been a huge Georgetown fan for over 20 years and if they don't get upset by Belmont hopefully i'll be able to see them live in the 16 or elite 8.

Secondly, my buddy Rob is THEE biggest college basketball fan i've ever seen. He takes vacation every year from work just to watch March Madness

Dave

Comments

• Options
    Congrats! I hope you get to see some good games. Rooting for anyone in particular?
  • Options
    KOBEcollectorKOBEcollector Posts: 3,873 ✭✭
    Thanks !

I was a victim of Hoya Paranoia in the early 80's

I watched Fred Brown throw that perfect pass to James Worthy in 82 and i believe i wept like a baby

I thought Ewing was an absolute monster back then and have been a fan ever since

Dave
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good for you ! Enjoy
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Good for you ! Enjoy >>

Congrats!
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Thank you guys

I just got a call from my friend who told me that on StubHub the tickets are going for $400 a pop for upperlevel and $1000 lowerlevel . I asked him if he still wants to go or sell and he said WERE GOING lol

He's still waiting for a call from the promotion people, we have no idea how many tickets or where in the arena there located

Dave
  • Options
    Dave - Congrats!!!! Will you be organizing the next box rip via BBCE?image

Edited to correct my spelling
  • Options
    Dave - Congrats!!!! Will you be organizing the next box rip via BBCE?

Ummmm HUH ? Sorry bud that one went over my head

If your insinuating im lying im more than willing to put up a friendly wager image

LMK

Dave
  • Options
    I thought it might....Our friend Gary sent a thread about how he won a flat screen tv at this local supermarket one week and then the next week Garygate hit. The title of your threade made me think of that.

Lame attempt at a joke - sorry

As mentioned...Congrats and enjoy....it is one of the best sporting event you will attend

DO NOT SELL!!!!
  • Options
    No need to be sorry Volver, nowadays on this board your never sure who's telling the truth anymore .. I realize it was just a joke but i will be sure to post a scan of my ticket and i'll take some pictures as well image

Dave
  • Options
    No, No Dave no need...your integrity was never questioned once and still isn't

I have been to two Elite 8's before and it is just a crazy atmosphere - and when I went my school wasn't even playing.

You'll have a blast
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Dave! It could'nt have happened to a nicer guy!

I will however say this.........SELL SELL! image Watch it at home and get paid $400- $1000 to do so.

I see alot of Kobes or Emmitts in your future!

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    NICE!!!!!!
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭
    I'm jealous as hell!

Enjoy and please share pics. Especially of any UNC or KU fans crying after their teams lose image
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    I tried to win a flat screen from the local grocery store, but someone beat me to it
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I tried to win a flat screen from the local grocery store, but someone beat me to it >>

At my local grocery store, I just won a bar covered in old pack wrappers ...

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    SlangNRoxSlangNRox Posts: 774 ✭✭
    I went to the NCAA games in Sacramento today. It was really fun to be there. Going back again on saturday. It was a long day watching 4 games in 1 day.
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember sitting in the Kingdome watching Georgetown win it all in '84.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    I assume that is the East side of the bracket. If so looks like No. 1 North Carolina vs. No. 5 USC could be interesting
  • Options
    I remember sitting in the Kingdome watching Georgetown win it all in '84

I remember that game like it was yesterday. I have the game on tape and watch it every now and then.

What i also remember about 84 was their win in the final 4 against Memphis State. Memphis had a lead early and G-Town went on a huge run to take control

I assume that is the East side of the bracket. If so looks like No. 1 North Carolina vs. No. 5 USC could be interesting

You are correct . Carolina - USC and G-Town - Vandy

DP
  • Options

Just got back from the games

Holy Cow what a great time

I've been a Hoya fan for a long time and i can't remember being so nervous

The crowd there was unbelievable and i can't wait to go to Sundays game

UNC VS G-Town . . dosen't get any better than that

It looked like USC had them but UNC put a nice run together

Dave
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Did you take any pictures?

Great to hear you had a good time.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Stown, i didn't take pics at the game because i took enough from the practice sessions the day before

here is a link to that post if you didn't see

Dave
  • Options
    The funny thing that i forgot to mention is the section i was sitting in was all a group of people that won our tickets thru the radio station so everyone was asking each other which question they had gotten right to win the tix

Dave
  • Options
    Congrats!! As I type this, the UNC-Georgetown game is only 2 minutes old. I'm sure you're having the time of your life.

I look forward to hearing your recap of the UNC-Georgetown matchup.
    Lurking proudly on internet forums since 2001
  • Options
    woodwind,

The atmosphere at the game was incredible. Nothing but Hoya and NC fans going balistic

Definetly an experience my friend and i will never forget

No beer sold at the game which was a downer but other than that a fantastic time

Stayed to watch G-Town cut down the net

Dave
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dave,

Good for you! I listen to the FAN all the time but did not catch your call.

Dan

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    Thanks Dan,

I know you live close by, i was wondering if possibly you heard
  • Options

<< <i>woodwind,

The atmosphere at the game was incredible. Nothing but Hoya and NC fans going balistic

Definetly an experience my friend and i will never forget

No beer sold at the game which was a downer but other than that a fantastic time

Stayed to watch G-Town cut down the net

Dave >>

Cool! Glad to hear you and your friend had a great time. Watching them cut down the net live and in person would have sent chills down my spine. Good chills that is. image
    Lurking proudly on internet forums since 2001