Options

Think he would take my car in trade?

Comments

• Options
    I don't understand the price at all.

Jerry
  • Options
    coverscovers Posts: 624
    The stamp Jay has for sale was last sold publicly I think in the Siegel 1986 Rarities sale as lot #272 (ex Sheriff collection). A slightly nicer example was sold a few years ago (Siegel #835, 2001) for $60,000.
    Richard Frajola
    www.rfrajola.com
  • Options
    KentuckyJKentuckyJ Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭

Do you drive a Maybach? He would probably take a Maybach in trade image

KJ

• Options
    I don't understand the price either, I wonder if it will sell.
  • Options
    Probably a bit high at almost half a million dollars, maybe in 5 or 10 years. It's hard to tell true value it's a rare stamp + the fact it has a decent grade. I see it didn't sell. Maybe more reasonable at $150,000?
  • Options
    At least noone was suckered into that.
  • Options
    That's the thing about some graded stamps offered by most dealers right now. Some stuff is a steal if you can find it at or near SMQ levels, other stuff seems to "appreciate" 40 to 60% once a dealer acquires it for resale.It seems they want to sell it for what it will be worth years from now, not a very good investment in that sense. I kind of like Steve Crippes selling tactics, he gets a reasonable profit and sells for what are usually(99%) reasonable prices. Jay has some super nice stamps but you just have to be very well off or rich to buy more than a couple(Which I am not in the least, I work in a grocery store) I think if I were monetarily set for life I would still be very cautious about some of the dealer prices for graded stuff. The 613 is maybe an exception because of it's scarcity, but I still think the price is a wee bit high.