Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Card Show Submission Question

Hi, I'm new to PSA and I'm planning on Submitting my first cards at the Chicago card show this weekend. I was just wondering two things. Do I have to have packing material to submit the cards to PSA at the show? And do you get the Cardsavers you send the cards in back when you receive your order? Also is there anything else I should be aware of before submitting them at a show. Thanks for looking.

Comments

• Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    No and No.
  • Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    I would buy a 10x loupe and really look your cards over before submitting them. Unless your sending in pre war cards, I would eliminate any cards with creases, stains, miscuts, etc...

PSA does have some card saver 1's at their table that you can use to submit with. Don't waste your time adding stickers to the backs of the card savers. It's not really necessary. I was told by a PSA rep that by not having the stickers on them it will only delay your order by one day. So why waste the time filling them out and adding them to the backs of the card savers.

I would also not mix decades of cards together. Submit the 1970's cards alone, the 1990's cards alone, shiny new cards alone, etc....

Good luck with your grades and welcome to the psa boards.

Regards,

Rich
  • Options
    SheamasterSheamaster Posts: 542 ✭✭✭
    You basically just need to complete the submission form with all necessary information and turn that in with the cards...no packing necessary. Make sure you use the right service (ie, monthly special, etc.) for your cards.

Also, if you have questions, the PSA staff is usually very helpful.

Lastly, if you plan on buying at the show, don't submit to PSA until you're done shopping as you might find something worth grading.
  • Options
    I highly recommend having the cards in sleeves before putting them in the card saver holders. I believe that's easier on the edges and corners. Do you know what cards you'll be submitting?

Jeff