Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Wow some nice 1962 Topps on eBay

There are some high end 1962 Topps up on eBay right now. Does anyone know whose collection they came from? I couldn't believe my eyes that the 1962 Topps Frank Robinson PSA 9 was up for grabs. I gotta imagine it finishes over 6K. Maybe higher.
Buying 1957 Baseball PSA 8 or higher. Especially Checklists, and Contest Cards. Topps1957psa8set@aol.com

Comments

• Options
    marinermariner Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Don't know....I will check it out.
    Don

Collect primarily 1959-1963 Topps Baseball
    set registry id Don Johnson Collection
    ebay id truecollector14
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quite a run of 9's:

ebay link
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    That's one sweet Mantle!!!
  • Options
    I hope I do as well with the 62's I sent in. That Mantle and Clemente, well all of those 9's, are unreal. I have a ton of those cards and they are extremely difficult to find without any chipping. Just unreal image
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Query: let's say someone buys the Frank Robinson for SMR, $6000. Then in the next 5 years, 1 or 2 more PSA 9 Robinsons surface. How much does the value of that card decline?

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a very nice Robinson, but I have to say it - that card is an 8 if I send it in due to top to bottom centering.

That is a very impressive bunch of 62's. Wow.

Shane

• Options
    estangestang Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭
    $15 for insured shipping via USPS?

Seriously, it will be interesting to track how much they all go for.
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

<< <i>$15 for insured shipping via USPS? >>

Without digressing on to shipping charges, that amount doesn't seem inappropriate for fully insured shipping.

Those '62s are beauties!
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    mintxpess isn't that one of the Tuttles?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    bifff257bifff257 Posts: 751 ✭✭
    Thanks for that link,

Some very impressive looking cards. WOW

fun just looking at them even on Ebay.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ron:

I don't think the value would drop much in your scenario - everybody knows how tough that card is - even in 8. I think most of these cards will go very high and never surface again (unless an auction house buys them).
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Wow, I didn't know the F Robinson was a 1 of 1. With all the money sloshing around in the world, I would not be suprised at $10k or higher (look at the silly money for Koufax last year).

And those Ruths are great. Very underrated. Cool shots.
  • Options
    I agree the top to bottom centering on the F Robby is not good for a 9. I also seriously doubt another 9 of a 62 F Robby is going appear any time soon. There are hardly any centered copies in 8 as we speak. IMO, the toughest star card of the 60s in NMMT.
    Collecting Vintage Baseball.
    My ebay listings