Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Warped Cards

Hey guys,

Wondering if you can give me some general info on how warping of box stored cards may effect grading. I have some otherwise clean cards that have been box stored and have become slightly warped. I can't find anything in the PSA grading standards that reference this, and when the card is packaged after grading, I assume it is pretty much not noticeable. But just wondering before I submit for grading what to expect.

Thanks for the help.

Chad
The best pitch to start a hitter off with is always strike one.

Comments

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

My opinion is that a slight, uniform warp will have no effect on the grade.

Might even indicate 'minty-ness' ...

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    I've sent in my fair share of slightly warped cards and all have come back with high grades and best of all, look mint perfect once slabbed!
    Collecting Nolan Ryan Master, 1968 Basic, and WHA, as well as unused and authentic tickets from 60s-70s rock concerts.
  • Options
    GOODLIEUGOODLIEU Posts: 629 ✭✭
    I agree with that. A few years back I had a complete set (132 cards) of 1977 Topps Basketball ungraded in a small white card box with tissue paper inside to fill in the gap in the box. I renewed my PSA membership and had the bonus grading to use so I went to the box to pick out a few of the key cards in that set to get graded. When I opened the box the entire set was "Bowed" in the middle from card one to 132. I slid about 5 of them into card savers and sent them in anyway. When they came back if memory serves me correct there were 3/PSA 9 & 2/8's. So as TDFITZ said they looked great and it apparently was not an issue with the grader.
  • Options
    Great to know. Have many of these basketball sets that just didnot fill the boxes and "warped". Hope to have the same luck when graded.
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies