Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

new ebay user 0 feedback

So please tell me what you think of this situation. I am looking at a common Morgan ending today. Not much bidding action and coin should go for less than 100.00 . Enters a new ebay user who coincidently happened to register with ebay the day this coin was listed. What I wonder is why a buyer would come in out of left field and start bidding crazy amounts on a common Morgan. There are others out there for less. I am interested in this particualr coin not only for the eye appeal, such as it is on a photo but the style of holder. I am building a matched set. Much as I want this Morgan I am tempted to step aside and let Mr. Zero feedback win. Think I will get a second chance offer?

Comments

• Options
    CommemDudeCommemDude Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had a few bidders register on ebay and then disappear after winning a coin I was selling that they obviously wanted badly, but those were scarce early type coins. Its a bit odd that a particular morgan dollar worth this amount would attract a new bidder, but it's possible. I would just bid my max and walk away, if the seller is shilling he will offer it to you or relist it shortly.
    Dr Mikey
    Commems and Early Type
  • Options
    I had that happen before. The buyer never paid and I got the coin in a second chance offer. Beware of the fake second chance offers though.
    Dr. Scott A. Blum
    drblum@comcast.net
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gimme a "S"
    Gimme a "H"
    Gimme a "I"
    Gimme a "L"
    Gimme a "L"

What's that spell???

('course, I could be wrong, but it is too close of a coinky dink.....what's the auction link/number?)

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165

<< <i>What's that spell??? >>

You da man, Bochi! Too funny. image