Home Sports Talk
Options

PSA Fantasy baseball league season II

bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
We are still looking for more people to join for this years fantasy baseball league.

Last year went really well, I hope we can get enough teams to go again this year.

The league is all set up, so anyone who wishes to join can PM me their email address and I will send out an invite.
"The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
-- Yogi Berra

Comments

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    This league was a lot of fun last season, all familiar names from the CU boards. I'm in again, and hope a lot of you guys resign!
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    I will crush all of you like little bugs.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Again, sorry Bri for backing out. I just dont care for the rotisserie...if it was head to head I'd have been all over that! image

Again, thanks for the invite though.
    Barry
  • Options
    WeekendHackerWeekendHacker Posts: 1,444 ✭✭
    What are the demographics:

# of teams
    entry fee
    AL, NL, Mixed
    I assume no keepers
    Yahoo, roto, CBS Sportsline (which website for league stats and standings)
    I might be interested
  • Options
    my team name is CoachAndQB
    Looking to Trade and Buy Tony Romo GU/Autos/RCS
  • Options
    Here are the specs for those who asked. It is exactly the same settings we used for the first league last years.

Yahoo

Rotisserie

14 teams max

No entry fee but we had a $20 prize value awarded as follows ( 3rd place gets 1 prize, 2nd place gets 3 prizes, 1st place gets the remainder of the prizes)

Mixed AL & NL

max innings 1400

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, Util, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL

Stat Categories: R, H, HR, RBI, SB, TB, AVG, OPS, IP, W, SV, BB, K, ERA, WHIP, K/BB

The LIVE draft will take place on Tuesday March 20th @ 10PM ET

I tried to make the draft time fair so that its still early enough for those on the east coast and late enough for those on the west coast to get home to participate.

If there are problems making the draft on that date and time you can always pre-rank your players and they will be picked for you during your absense.

-- Yogi Berra

• Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    I think this is the league i played in last year. ctsox fan won i think.. but i have to agree with yankeeno7 i like head to head fantasy sports way better. If you guys make a league that way...ill join for sure..
  • Options
    if anyone does a Head 2 Head league, im in. Just not a fan of old school rotisserie
  • Options
    Yes, it is the same league from last year - just wondering, why not roto? I think most fantasy baseball leagues use that style, head to head is more of a football style. But, I have no preference either way.
  • Options
    The draft is tonight - and we could still use a few more teams. Drop one of us a PM if interested.
  • Options
    MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭
    I'll join if you still need players. I already have two teams but what the heck...
  • Options
    PM sent.
  • Options
    draft is 2nite!!

what is the entry??
    Looking to Trade and Buy Tony Romo GU/Autos/RCS
  • Options
    Scroll up a bit, and read bri2327's post - no entry fee, but last year we played for PSA cards valued around $20.
  • Options
    I never got an invite image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Stown, I thought you were in already! Check your PM.
  • Options
    BEST. PASSWORD. EVER.

How can I upload an avatar/icon?

I have the perfect one...

MUWHAHAHAHA!

I haven't played in a rotisserie (sp?) style league in years. That's my excuse for having a crappy team and I'm sticking with it.

Viva le homer-ish teams image
  • Options
    It is a cool password, eh? Bri2327 deserves the credit for that one. image
  • Options
    colebearcolebear Posts: 886 ✭✭
    Where is all the talk!!! Anyways I hope Aramis Ramirez is not out long, he is helping my domination of the league!!!!

No in all seriousness, I am playing in four leagues this year, three PSA board ones, and my roster for this league is the meaning of satisfaction. I think the 10 teams is a nice touch along with all the extra stats counted.

Anyways, it will be a fun now that the players are getting their groove!!! Good luck
  • Options
    I am off to a slow start, but am looking to make it two in a row. Unfortunately, my team is going in the wrong direction at the moment.
  • Options
    Cole....its a wee bit early to start speaking of league domination image
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    colebearcolebear Posts: 886 ✭✭

<< <i>Cole....its a wee bit early to start speaking of league domination image >>

image I wish they had an evil laugh icon
  • Options
    nevermind
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    What is your problem man? You post this twice and send me a PM. I do recognize your knighting and once again it was not my intent to take prizes away. I do not know if your math is up to par, but I also took a prize away from me. First went from five to four, second place went from three to two, and third place went from one to zero. See if you read your earlier post you stated "3rd place gets 1 prize, 2nd place gets 3 prizes, 1st place gets the remainder of the prizes". So with 12 players (the normal amount) first place would get 5. Nowhere was it mentioned that it was 3,2, and 1. That would not work with 12 players.

So thanks for being a pr*ck and maybe you should write to me before you talk out your a** to make me the bad guy. Did you get that, ask someone to make corrections to things that are typed in error, cause sometimes us newbies can make mistakes. A little FYI: next time you become a commissioner of a league, follow through, and do what your job entails.

This could have been dealt with properly and politely but you decided to publicly shame me before even pointing out my errors. You opened this can of worms.