Home Sports Talk
Options

Pats get rolling on Free Agency

Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
Adalius Thomas was one of the top 2 players available, Kyle Brady is way past his prime as a receiving TE - but rock solid on running plays or in 2 TE sets (which fits well for the Pats, but not too many others), and the Welker offer sheet could be a coup (I love this move). Glad about the Heath Evans re-sign too. Should they do anything to replace Dillon, or let Maroney be a feature back?
Mike
Bosox1976

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a HUGE fan of Adalius Thomas being in a Patriots Uniform, this guy is so effective no matter where he ligns up, well worth whatever money they throw at him. Could care less for Kyle Brady or Heath Evans being signed. Letting Dillon go was a good move IMO his age and what he was used for can easily be replaced, Maroney looked good at times and other times just looked too much like a rookie, I think he is still a year away from being an effective every down back.
  • Options
    They signed Donte' Stallworth to a multi-year deal today, hopefully this kid will turn into a deep threat for us.
  • Options
    Now if they can pick up a half decent CB or Safery in the draft I will be very happy!
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

<< <i>They signed Donte' Stallworth to a multi-year deal today, hopefully this kid will turn into a deep threat for us. >>

In celebration Tom Brady impregnated yet another woman. image
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭

<< <i>They signed Donte' Stallworth to a multi-year deal today, hopefully this kid will turn into a deep threat for us. >>

What, Jaquez Green or Reidell Anthony wasn't available?

JS
  • Options

<< <i>

JS >>

No, and neither were Galloway or Clayton.
  • Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    The Dolphins were said to have made an offer to Stallworth and I'm glad that we lost in that bidding war. He's just too fragile with those hamstring problems. I can understand that you want to look at the bright side, but you have to be realistic too.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options

<< <i>The Dolphins were said to have made an offer to Stallworth and I'm glad that we lost in that bidding war. He's just too fragile with those hamstring problems. I can understand that you want to look at the bright side, but you have to be realistic too. >>

Im not that exited, I think Stallworth is a guy that has the talent but it seems like if its not one thing its another with him, however if it all falls into place for him, he could bring alot to our offense.
  • Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    Hopefully he doesn't help the Pats too much! image

All I know is that I keep waiting for the Dolphins to pick up some offensive lineman....it seems that we're dumping more players than bringing on. image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

JS >>

No, and neither were Galloway or Clayton. >>

Dont forget Lamar Thomas and Horace Copeland.........and the list goes on.

Come to think of it, did the yucs ever have a decent wide out?
  • Options
    image Keenan McCardell I think....
  • Options

<< <i>image Keenan McCardell I think.... >>

Keenan has one more ring than TO, Moss and Steve Smith combined!

JS
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>image Keenan McCardell I think.... >>

Keenan has one more ring than TO, Moss and Steve Smith combined!

JS >>

Mr.Heritage God, I cannot argue that!
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Since when does Superbowl rings mean your a good player, don't they give those out to the guy who fills the Gatorade buckets?
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options

<< <i>Since when does Superbowl rings mean your a good player, don't they give those out to the guy who fills the Gatorade buckets? >>

Sincerely Bills and Viking fans
  • Options
    Anyone know where Edgerton Hartwell stands? The Pats were eyeballing him as well.
  • Options
    Pats sign another underachiever in Kelly Washington. I hope these guys get their stuff together and turn out ok.