Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Holy Grail of Modern Cards??

This makes me think about how nuts some people must think we are...

Beauty

Stunning

Mark B.

Seeking primarily PSA graded pre-war "type" cards

My PSA Registry Sets

34 Goudey, 75 Topps Mini, Hall of Fame Complete Set, 1985 Topps Tiffany, Hall of Fame Players Complete Set

Comments

• Options
    But they're 1952 Topps Mantles -- they can't ever possibly go down in value, right?!?

• Options
    Its amazing, it almost seems someone would try and Make it in this condition.....how can it get that way by itself. it definately needed help......maybe a sanitation worker dug it out from a landfill......

i thought this thread was about a different card!
  • Options
    bluemarlinbluemarlin Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    A couple of real beauties there.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, big money interest in that condition, truly shows how sought after that card is. Amazing
  • Options
    Those babies are hard on the eyes
  • Options
    The Mantle in the BVG holder goes off in 7 hours and 20 min. - better jump on it now because as he says "I am going to keep the card if it doesn't sell this week" - as opposed to what?
    I think I may have uncovered the the history on this card. He also has a set of 1952 Desoto station wagon tail light lenses listed in his auctions. 1952 Mantle - 1952 Desoto station wagon? Probably the wagon "ole dad" hauled the kids around in back in 52. Kids hide their treasures in some amazing places - like under the rubber floor mats of the station wagon! Now as soon as this Mantle sells (be sure to watch the last 10 min. of this auction as it goes through the roof) the guy is going to lock up the gates at the wrecking yard - forget about restoring the Desoto - load up the wife and kids and dog and head out on vacation! National Lampoon might even want to make a movie about it.
    To bad he didn't submit it through BCCG - I am sure it would have recieved a very deserving "7 very good or better" grade.

Rick
    "I CAN'T COMPLAIN BUT SOMETIMES I STILL DO" - SMOKY JOE WALSH - - -
    Always looking for 53 Topps Baseball and "stuff"
  • Options
    1960toppsguy1960toppsguy Posts: 1,130 ✭✭
    Did somebody REALLY buy those, better yet did somebody actually submit those, better yet did a company even bother to grade those?
  • Options
    YES, YES, YES.

I could imagine some collectors liking the "old look" It might remind them of how "their" 1952 Mantle looked after they had played with it?
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    always wondered what a card would look like after going thru 2 washmachine cycles---