Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Pres Dollar No Lettering Rim

LOL i asked the guy who is selling 80 of them on the bay, if he can guarantee that pcgs will certified them. He said he can't give that guarantee.
coins are my life

Comments

• Options
    garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    image +1
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    Just watched a few of them sell for more than 100 bucks each.

The saying "There's an ass for every seat" seems right on the money.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭
    I dont understand why you would ask that specific question since there are many coins that PCGS will not certify.

PegLeg IKEs come to mind. PCGS will not certify those as "PegLeg".

Most new die varieties will not get certified as such until the coin/error/variety gets recognized by the variety or error experts of the collecting community.

I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    George, are you implying that the seller altered the coin's edge?

Edit to clarify who the question was directed to.
  • Options
    Of course he can't. How can you guarantee what someone else will do.
  • Options
    I asked him this because i do think that there are going to be many no lettering rims out there that are fake and made at home. Now if i had found 80 of them in a roll, true roll, and was selling them, i would not have a problem saying that pcgs would grade it. Also PCGS will grade it as an error. IT HAS NO DATE OR MINT MARK!!!!!!!!!!!
    coins are my life
  • Options
    Just watched a few of them sell for more than 100 bucks each.

They were going for $200.00 to $250.00 just a few days ago.image
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!

• Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    The regular coins with edge lettering are worth $1.00 to me.

The blank edged ones ?

Well........... image
  • Options

<< <i>i would not have a problem saying that pcgs would grade it. Also PCGS will grade it as an error. IT HAS NO DATE OR MINT MARK!!!!!!!!!!! >>

And what di you do about your guarantee if PCGS decides to BB it because it has too many marks and they decide it is damaged, or they decide that it has been cleaned and BB it for that? You guaranteed that PCGS would slab it. Do you refund the amount paid, shipping plus the shipping/insurance both ways to PCGS plus the $40 Mint error slabbing fee?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file