Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Presidential Dollars... good investment?

Do you think making a collection of these... with the P, D, and proofs. Will these increase in value like the State quarters?
-Gabe

Comments

• Options
    No. I would collect them for the fun of it. There will be way too many produced to be an "investment". My local dealer won't buy mint roll Sacs for any premium. He tells folks to crack 'em open and spend them.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    I think they will be like the WWJ peace nickels in P. Very hard to get in high grade at least in P's.
  • Options
    JulioJulio Posts: 2,501
    Don't know if they will be a good investment, I do know my son likes them.
    I gave him his lunch money in the new Presidential Dollars and he seemed; not enthused. When he got home he wanted more. Seems they sparked a discussion not only in the lunch room but also in the classroom. jws
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    I would expect them to be very similar to the quarters. However, if the coins are all as beat up as the washington's, then high grades will be very valuable and will appreciate. --Jerry
  • Options
    foodudefoodude Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭
    Anyone plan to collect an MS set by the boximage
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NFW!

Unless...in two years due to lack of demand the Mint starts to sell to collectors only...you know...like the Sacs from 2002 to 2006. Then my answer would still be NFW! Because they're ugly.

Ren
  • Options
    the mint can't stop making them. It would take an act of congress to do it. plus if demand is low the mint will only making them available to collectors just like the sacs
    coins are my life
  • Options
    flaminioflaminio Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Do you think making a collection of these... with the P, D, and proofs. Will these increase in value like the State quarters? >>

State quarters have increased in value? Aside from 1999 silvers and a few ultra high grade circulation strikes, SQs are mostly worth face.
  • Options
    BurksBurks Posts: 1,103
    The high grade Presidential Dollars, yes.

Other than that, no.
    WTB: Eric Plunk cards, jersey (signed or unsigned), and autographs. Basically anything related to him

Positive BST: WhiteThunder (x2), Ajaan, onefasttalon, mirabela, Wizard1, cucamongacoin, mccardguy1

Negative BST: NONE!
  • Options
    If you can pick though rolls for nice BU coins for a set at face value. Than buy the proof sets.
    I'm not a vigilante, I'm an undocumented border patrol agent!
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the consensus here. High grades will be a good flip but not necessarily a "good investment".
    Anything under MS65 is basically just for SHOW and not for DOUGH.

They will have superior historical value when the series ends in 12 years... , though I do not believe they will ever reach fame as a numismatic piece until after we are all long gone from earth.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file