Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

1900 New Year Medal-France, any info?

Does anyone know anything about this piece? It is 50 mm, bronze, Daniel Dupuis piece.
I found the ethereal obverse really interesting.
Some coins are just plain "Interesting"

Comments

• Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭
    Signed by Daniel Dupuis, a famous French engraver at the turn of the century. This was produced by the Paris Mint (Monnaie de Paris) for the 1900 Universal Expo.

Very nice example! I like his works image

(I'm clueless on pricing or scarcity, though!)

I should add, Dupuis was the fellow who created the designs used on French 1, 2, 5 and 10 centimes from ~1897-1921. Probably some of the most elegant designs to see circulation!
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that medal alot. It comes up on ebay at not too infrequent intervals. Linkage This one has a little bit of historical background to it. It's a lovely design...Not quite in my mommy-baby theme, but close enough that I'll hopefully get one someday (just not this month--the budgets already blown and it's only the first of the month!!).

Great medal! And the Dupuis coin designs are up there on my list of favorites too!

• Options
    Lovely piece
  • Options
    harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have two examples of this medal. Both appear to have been purchased in 2004. One off of eBay for $27. I misclassified the second one, but I purchased that for $45.

Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD