Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Nice Common Date Buffalo

BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
This one was tough to shoot through the slab. Just could not quite get all of the details clear.

Go ahead and grade it, pan it, praise it, etc....

Edited: PCGS MS67

Comments

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MS-66 Nice I like the tone

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭
    I agree with 66. Nice coin!

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    JulioJulio Posts: 2,501
    Like the coin and the pics.
    Don't know eneough about Buffs. to hazard a grade, but it sure caught my eye. jws
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a really pretty coin and I could imagine it in an MS67 holder.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    icsoccericsoccer Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭
    Very nice! 66
    Successful BST transactions to date: Coindeuce, Cohodk, dantheman984, STONE, LeeG, jy8s, jkal, SeaEagleCoins, Hyperion, silverman68,Meltdown,RichieURich,savoyspecial,Barndog
  • Options
    gyocomgdgyocomgd Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭
    Slam dunk 66 and shot 67. I don't see a single tick on that coin, and all the other attributes are in place. How do you improve on a buff like that?
  • Options
    67 in my book image
    Life member of the SSDC
  • Options
    I will post the grade tomorrow after lunch PST. So TTT for the midnight crowd for now.
  • Options
    thisnamztakenthisnamztaken Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    66 or 7.
    I especially like the obverse toning. Hard to tell from a photo, but except for the 3 tiny marks to the right of his mouth & what looks like a tiny dark spot to the right of the rear leg, possibly even a 68?
    I never thought that growing old would happen so fast.
    - Jim
  • Options
    I agree with others: no-brainer 66, likely 67. Great detail for a 1937 (at least compared to mine). Here's one of my two practically identical PCGS MS65's:

My coins have great luster, but weak strikes. Yours looks to have terrific strike, great luster and nice toning. Looks outstanding!

Cartwheel
  • Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    Very nice looking Buff. I agree with the others 66 with a very good shot at a 7.

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    capecape Posts: 1,621
    easy 66 shot 67 with the eye appeal.
    ed rodrigues
  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    Awwww, what the heck, 67!!!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>I agree with others: no-brainer 66, likely 67. Great detail for a 1937 (at least compared to mine). Here's one of my two practically identical PCGS MS65's:

My coins have great luster, but weak strikes. Yours looks to have terrific strike, great luster and nice toning. Looks outstanding!

Cartwheel >>

Thanks for the kind comments, your 65 looks pretty darn nice also.

Oh and TTT for the morning crowd
  • Options
    skier07skier07 Posts: 3,697 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a beautiful coin. I love the toning and it's got great luster. Don't know much about grading Buff's
    but that's real high up, perhaps even a 67. Well done.

Bruce
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭
    MS67 with great eye appeal.

Most 1937-P's are blast white.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    Becoka; is that a die break under the Buffalo's hind end?

Cartwheel
  • Options
    richardshipprichardshipp Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭
    First glance thought MS66; then looked closer and I'd say MS67........ final answer.
    It's a beautiful coin.
  • Options

<< <i>Becoka; is that a die break under the Buffalo's hind end?

Cartwheel >>

Not sure I see what you see. I see the edge of the hind leg and then luster to the edge of the coin.
  • Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 7,983 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I LIKE THAT COIN ALOT !
    👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the positive comments. Usually someone finds something wrong with one of my coins but no negs on this one.

Grade is PCGS MS67. Most of you guessed it would reach this. Only thing keeping it from a 68 is strike. While it is strong there is still more that could be there. Toning is all original and hopefully this is going to be a great part of my type set for some time to come.
  • Options
    exceptionally lustrous

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file