Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

Buy & Sell coins at USCoinlots

Hi!

Sportlots, a leading website for buying and selling trading cards with over 16 Million cards listed online, has just opened up www.uscoinlots.com. Please take a little time and check it out. We already have 8 dealers with over 35,000 coins listed online. Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions or if you have any suggestions about the site.

Thanks!

Comments

• robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭
  • itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums.

This forum is for buying, selling and trading coins by members. Do you have a coin to sell?
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Yes, Our ID on USCoinlots is Coinsrus. I personally have quite a fewof the coins listed on the website. I'm sorry if you think this is SPAM? This forum is for buying and selling coins isn't it? Please explain to me why you consider this SPAM?
    Because you've never posted on this site before and you show up to promote a web site you operate. There are places you can pay for advertising.
  • Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yes, Our ID on USCoinlots is Coinsrus. I personally have quite a fewof the coins listed on the website. I'm sorry if you think this is SPAM? This forum is for buying and selling coins isn't it? Please explain to me why you consider this SPAM? >>

Of course it's spam. You must list the coin HERE, not direct people to some site to look at your coins.

• << <i>

<< <i>Yes, Our ID on USCoinlots is Coinsrus. I personally have quite a fewof the coins listed on the website. I'm sorry if you think this is SPAM? This forum is for buying and selling coins isn't it? Please explain to me why you consider this SPAM? >>

Of course it's spam. You must list the coin HERE, not direct people to some site to look at your coins. >>

You mean like directing someone to "EBAY"?
    "Everyday above ground is a good day"

• ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    How about linking some of your coins to take this off the spam list.
    Until then, this is spam, IMO

Update
    Just visited the site, image
  • commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,077 ✭✭✭
    how about contrubuting something to the forum? until then it will be spam.

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • In my opinion this is no different than "For Sale on EBAY"

Posts on the BST

Please explain how this is spam and For Sale on ebay is not......

Is this the way we treat new members? by throwing a can of spam on them? without even explaining anything? RUDE is what it is.

If you treat Young folks like this your coins will be worthless........

I will look at your site USCoinlots, thank you for thinking of us.

Al
    seemyauction,

Please explain how this is spam and For Sale on ebay is not......

For sale on eBay threads have links to members actual items that are for sale, not tauting the eBay site in general.
    See my relpy above, if coinlots has coins to sell there then I would agree.
    If he is just asking for comments on his site & trying to get members to join, as he seems to be doing, then it's spam IMO.
    Best taken to the USCoin forum.

"If you treat Young folks like this your coins will be worthless......."
    Are you putting a VooDoo hex on us?
    I have no objection when a participating member of this site uses the BST Forum to advertise their web site, e-bay auctions, or coins for sale. What I don't care for is post number 1 for a new member here. They are not coming to participate, they are coming for free exposure.

Feedback on web site:

Navigating is slow. (Example must select denomination then strike, then press refresh series, then select series, then get coins, then expand to see critical info grade, certified by, etc)
    Search menu needs to allow more than series and strike (dates, grade, certification service--not just certified when the coin will be PCI)
    Common grade common coins are not worth $50 just becase PCGS says they are authentic and low grade (Example, PR66 1960 Franklin costing $45)
    Saying Certified (Other) then having a never seen before holder is bogus (1974-S no-name MS65 Silver Ike $20)
    Recommend imaging both sides of the coin, specially for MS Classics.
    many pictures are blurry
    You are the only dealer I came across with coins listed (almost 25,000 of them).
    The fee structure is very high. No wonder the web site operator is the primary coin lister.
    Low Amt High Amt Fee Pct.
    $0.00 $24.99 30%
    $25.00 $49.99 22%
    $50.00 $99.99 17%
    $100.00 $199.99 14%
    $200.00 $299.99 12%
    $300.00 $499.99 10%
    $500.00 $999.99 9%
    $1000.00 $1499.99 8%
    $1500.00 Above 7%

I went to the site on a Mac (Safari) & the site was very clumsy image
    Some pictures work, others don't.

Good luck on selling some of these, i.e. raw 2000-P Sac listed as an MS67 but 'Pitted/Spotted'!

Oh, you also can't collapse a date once opened.

Just clumsy IMO

• << <i>

"If you treat Young folks like this your coins will be worthless......."
    Are you putting a VooDoo hex on us? >>

No I'm saying if you scare or bully young or new people away, and the old guys die off your coins will have no value.....no one to want them....they only have value if someone wants them.

I try to keep this in mind when talking to someone who is new to the sport.

• Wow.. At least I generated a little discussion. Yes, I'm new to this forum, but am a long-time coin collector. I've been collecting seriously the past 10 years and since the early/mid 70's as a kid. I thought this was a Buy,Sell, & Trade coin forum. I thought the other forums were more applicable to discussions and this one was more strickly for buy/sell and trade? Oh also, I don't only sell, I also am also large buyer. I didn't come across all these coins by finding them laying around in loose change.

Actually listing all the coins I have for sale in this forum sounds kind of like a big waste of time, why duplicate all this information in a forum when it's already listed somewhere else. Sure, I could easily copy/paste all this in the forum.. but why?

I appreciate the few posts that are supporting me.. it looks like someone out there realizes that eBay isn't the only forum to buy and sell merchandise on the web and although they do have a monopoly, they shouldn't. I also do appreciate the feedback on the website. I'll take some of the feedback tounge and cheek because I know you went into the site with a bad attidute to start with, but you also did have some nice constructive feedback that will help. The site is brand new and I do know that there's a lot of improvements that need to be made and will continue to work on improvements.

Like I mentioned above, my other hobby that I have a lot of fun with is trading cards. In the trading card hobby, common trading cards are very difficult to find anywhere online, we are providing this service with Sportlots.com where we have over 500 dealers selling to collectors. I was hoping to do the same with this hobby I also love. I'm hoping to provide a service to the common collector who is just trying to fill up their books. We haven't had a lot of sales yet on the coin site because it's brand new, but the orders we have had has mainly been lower priced coins, probably from kids or people new to the hobby looking to fill their penny, nickel and dime books. If you look on the web, you find all sorts of people selling expensive and rare coins, very seldem can you find people selling common date coins individually, if you look at the inventory on USCoinlots, many coins are selling for 15 to 50 cents.

By the way, there are other dealers.. just look at 1909(Brown) pennies and you'll see two other dealers just selling that coin in particular. Like I said, the site is brand new (opened in mid Feb) and we only have 8 dealers at the time. The site will continue to grow, but it will be slow going!

Anyway, this is the last you'll hear from me.. This forum has left a sour taste in my mouth.. sounds like new people aren't welcome here.

Everyone, good luck and continue to have fun collecting!
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, don't worry about what others say.

Here is my coin website.

O.N.E.<----- I built a website and .....

Nobody ever bought a coin from me there and ebay does suck. I can't even get a bid for a penny for 6 1962 D Franklins. I've even tried to sell PCGS slabbed platinum....PERFECT PR70 coins at a fair price. So when others come here and bad mouth you , just remember... it's a reflection of them, not you image. Enjoy your life , your collecting, your peddling and whatever it is that you enjoy.

If we should ever meet, I am certain I won't try to sell you anything. image

I'm Joe and I work for a living. I am divorced for almost 7 yrs and my ex-wife left me with the kids (now 17 and 21) then took off with a rich man. She owes me about 35 grand in back child support, but you know.........these people could care less around here. I am a member in good standing and spend about 3 grand per year getting coins graded at PCGS. It makes no difference. Half the people here sell NGC coins on the boards and badmouth PCGS across the street....so if I were you, I'd not worry too much about any B.S. you have to wade through on the boards, here.

I would recommend you get to know others in the U.S. Coin forum before engaging too much over here. Some other long time COIN DEALERS and sellers get very jealous and obnoxious if someones thread gets a little too much attention on the BUY-SELL-TRADE forum.
    It's a lot more like Oprah and Dr Phil around here nowadays, than Jerry Springer and we don't need the Geriatric nurse to be showing up with meds, now... DO WE ?
  • Gonna have to agree with 2sides2acoin here. Seems most members here are negative to anything they consider out-of-the-ordinary. I have been a member of the boards for over 5 years and have seen litteraly thousands of "LINKYS" to eBay, there own websites, etc, etc. and it's o.k., as long as you are so-and-so, but not if you are this-and-that. Everyone that is "Somebody" here forgets they were once new to these boards and made a mistake or two. I do not condone posting a web-site on your first post post, but I have done things things with good intentions and have realized the error of my ways as well.

Don't give up here, as there are hundreds of good guys here willing to share information, discoveries, help and great stories about the hobby that brought us all here. I feel like this is the one place to get the best information, but also the worst place to get your head slammed as well. Tough coin to flip, but I am still here. Pretty sad that everyone jumps before they speak around here sometimes. A thoughtfull mention as to the "Proper" way to post your site would be much harder to do than to paste SPAM and verbally bash someone.

Anyways, enjoy the hobby, that's what it's there for and don't let the "Big Boys" run you off, cause they are LITTLE at heart and mind.
    Johnathan German
  • I get a kick out of robertpr picture of a spam can. Then in his signature line he has "Now accepting eBay consignments!" , is this what is called spamming the spammer???image
  • commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,077 ✭✭✭
    I don't see anything wrong with putting your business website or your ebay listings in your sigline.

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    When you are a new Forum Member, It is always best to

go slow and build a measure of credibility and friendship

before going whole hog. Its not really a matter of who you are,

Its a matter of earning the right to be accepted particularly when

selling lots of coins on this free Forum. Do not be discouraged or

angry, take a deep breath and spend some time getting known around

here. Good luck.image
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • seateddimeseateddime Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭
    If every time some posts a group of coins on Ebay (offering nothing directly here) must be considered SPAM if linking to a site is SPAM.

If you love spam you can join the spam club http://www.spam.com/fanclub/members.aspx

What is SPAM?

Spamming is the abuse of electronic messaging systems to send unsolicited bulk messages, which are almost universally undesired. While the most widely recognized form of spam is email spam, the term is applied to similar abuses in other media: instant messaging spam, Usenet newsgroup spam, Web search engine spam, spam in blogs, mobile phone messaging spam and junk fax transmissions.

Spamming is economically viable because advertisers have no operating costs beyond the management of their mailing lists, and it is difficult to hold senders accountable for their mass mailings. Because the barrier to entry is so low, spammers are numerous, and the volume of unsolicited mail has become very high. The costs, such as lost productivity and fraud, are borne by the public and by Internet service providers, which have been forced to add extra capacity to cope with the deluge. Spamming is widely reviled, and has been the subject of legislation in many jurisdictions.

I seldom check PM's but do check emails often jason@seated.org

Buying top quality Seated Dimes in Gem BU and Proof.

Buying great coins - monster eye appeal only.
  • welcome to the land of high horses.

don't ever forget...

it's all aboot the PROFIT ™

P R O F I T ™
    know what you don't know.

hi, i'm tom.

i do not doctor coins like some who post in here.

I may be totally off base here, but the problem here was that there was no mention of coins for sale, trade, or an offer to buy.

The thread is (was) about a web site, and a solicitaion for comments.
    This thread IMO, belonged in another forum.

There have been many threads in the US Coin forum asking opinions on a new web site created by members here.
    I would have no problems with this thread there, but I don't think it belongs here.

Sorry, JMO