Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

LOL - Update Part II

It's lunchtime and I'm reading this forum in my office and I overhear one of my assistants in the breakroom....

1st ssistant: "We're going to Hawaii over the spring-break"

2nd assistant: "Wow!!! That's really great...we're just hangin' in San Antonio."

1st assistant: "I'm gonna need a passport - do you know how much they cost?"

Mike

Comments

• Options
    Do you only hire Blonde assistants ?
    Classic Stoney !image

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>1st assistant: "I'm gonna need a passport - do you know how much they cost?" >>

Public education at its finest image

*No offense to any teachers, students or janitors
  • Options
    cohocorpcohocorp Posts: 1,371 ✭✭
  • Options
    GonblottGonblott Posts: 1,951 ✭✭
    "Will I need me ID?"

LOL
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me guess - the assistant once tried out for the game show Jeopardy, and didn't make the cut. LOL
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    That is hilarious! Tell her that Oklahoma customs is tough, see if she falls for it!
  • Options
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

image Ya don't?
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
  • Options
    And the assistant really should know better because the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor in Hawaii during the Revolutionary War.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Yeah but is she hot?

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    One day at lunch a bunch of us were sitting around in our cubes throwing out trivia questions. I threw out "there are four state capitals with letter "u" in their name twice".

Someone says Honolulu, someone else says Columbus another says Augusta and while they were thinking of the last one......

The hottest woman who I ever worked with in my 30 years of employment was not playing but overheard us from a few cubes down and says B-I-R-M-I-N-G-H-A-M!!!

I didn't know where to start. In addition to wondering how the folks in Alabama like their capital being moved, I also thought how could a woman this gorgeous be so stupid.

(Juneau was the fourth)
  • Options
    you should ask that assistant if she would sneak some Hawaiian cigars back for ya!
  • Options

<< <i>One day at lunch a bunch of us were sitting around in our cubes throwing out trivia questions. I threw out "there are four state capitals with letter "u" in their name twice".

Someone says Honolulu, someone else says Columbus another says Augusta and while they were thinking of the last one......

The hottest woman who I ever worked with in my 30 years of employment was not playing but overheard us from a few cubes down and says B-I-R-M-I-N-G-H-A-M!!!

I didn't know where to start. In addition to wondering how the folks in Alabama like their capital being moved, I also thought how could a woman this gorgeous be so stupid.

(Juneau was the fourth) >>

You're being very unfair to this woman! If it was spelled Burminghaum and if it was the state capital, then she would have been correct! And then you would have been wrong because the correct answer would have been five, not four...so there!!!

-
  • Options
    You only need the passport if you fly to Hawaii.
    You can avoid the hassle if you drive there. image

- Jack
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK - guys - here's part II of the conversation - now ya can't make this kind of stuff up!

Assistant 2: "I don't think ya need a passport for Hawaii?"

Receptionist: "No, it's like Canada...they just let you in...ya need a passport to go to Puerto Rico."

Now, I'm fallin' off my chair!
    Mike
  • Options
    This just reinforces my faith in the public school system. Classic

Red

Looking for 81-84 Topps Stickers in PSA 9 or better, 81 Topps Scratch offs, 83 Topps Fold outs in PSA 8 or better, 83 Fleer Stamps and 81/86 Fleer Star Stickers in PSA 9 or better.
    >

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We used to hassle interns in the food industry with requests like...

"This is a very important party, so we need you to polish these ice cubes..."

After giving them and upside down pan - "Can you bring this steam up to function room b? They need it quickly."

Always good for a giggle.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    I once had a kid--okay, he was a college grad just starting out in telecom, dig through a work van for a can of dialtone. After an hour or so, he came back into the phone room with a can of sealant.
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    I started framing houses for a guy who apparently thought it was my first job doing so (I had about 2 summers of experience). Anyways, he tells me on the first day to go to the lumber yard and get a board stretcher and, knowing full well what was going on, I went home and watched some TV and took a nap.

I came back after about 3 hours and he asked me if I found one. I played along and told him that I had to check about 4 places because everyone kept saying they were out.

It wasn't until the end of that summer when he was busting my chops for about the 10th time that I told him what really happened. I doubt if he believed me but in the end, I was the one who got a pretty sweet nap on his time. image
    Travis
  • Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

How much do elevator passes cost? I remember the upperclassmen tried to sell me one the first day of my freshman year.
    #LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    In Radiology school, the big joke was to tell the freshmen to go to central supply and get us sterile fallopian tubes (they are part of the female anatomy)...the people working down there always got a kick out of us sending them image
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    That is funny.

Last week at bowling my wife and sister in-law (mixed doubles league) were reading some gossip mag and I noticed they had a picture of Denise Richards and it said she was starring in a movie called "Blonde and Blonder". I promptly quipped, "Oh, they're remaking Dumb and Dumber huh?"

They both just looked at me and said said "Wha?"

...they are both blonde.

Then the lady from the other team overhead me as I was explaining my joke to them, which by the way I found quite funny. She says "When we were in Key West last week my girlfriend and I were laying on the beach when this older couple came up and asked my friend if she would mind taking their picture. Her reply: Sure, let me go get my camera" image

Ya gotta love it!

-Josh
  • Options
    At work (an office environment) we typically have a lot of people doing a lot of work and on occassion they'll say something that is so blatantly obvious that it makes your head hurt just thinking about it. As a result, I went into Photoshop and put together a "Captain Obvious" award. It's a simple picture of Superman with the 'S' replaced by an 'O' and a text bubble stating "I'm wearing a cape". Whomever says the most foolishly obvious thing each month gets the award made out to them with their obvious quote printed on the award. This sheet then gets hung outside their office for all to see.

Some of the good ones we've had are;

"The faster I go the faster it gets done."
    "No carbs? I wonder how much sugar is in that thing."
    "We'll just eat through our lunch hour."
    "I used to work there, before I worked here."
    I collect the elements on the periodic table, and some coins. I have a complete Roosevelt set, and am putting together a set of coins from 1880.
  • Options
    Admittedly, I confess to being one of these "LOL" myself.

My first "real" job out of college was a very good sales position for an elite printing machine manufacturer. I was very happy to get this job.

Well, I knew nothing about the industry terminology and slang so after training for 60 days, I was "released" into my territory and quickly told not to call on the "house accounts" without any explanation - Well how the f* was I to know what a "house account" meant, unless it meant the obvious.

So anyway, I'm driving by this one "house account" and it's this huge chemical plant and I say to myself, "Wait a f*ing minute, this ain't no guy working out of his house!" LOL - I just figured that they didn't want me calling on "house" accounts because people working out of their houses may not really be good prospects for new equipment. So I thought "house account" meant people working out of their house! LOL

Frankly, I got a little p*ssed off that I was given a territory and not allowed to call on some of the major prospects - it took me awhile but after about a year of "bugging" the boss...all of the house accounts in my territory were turned over to me.

-