Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Waiting for grades to pop = opening packs?

I'm probably like many here who can't wait to see the grades pop on the PSA submission page. The anticipation is tremendous, and when they finally do pop, there is sometimes an exhilaration and sometimes a huge disappointment. Then I realized, hey, this is exactly how I felt when I used to buy packs and open them up in the early 80s. The same anticipation...the same disappointment at getting a ton of commons...and the same excitment in getting the hot rookie. For me, getting the grades has replaced opening packs as far as the thrill and the curiosity of "what am I going to get?"

Comments

• Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree completely!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    anti-climactic is the word that comes to mind...

premature ________, well you know what i'm talking about.

julen
    RIP GURU
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>anti-climactic is the word that comes to mind...

premature ________, well you know what i'm talking about.

julen >>

No... No I don't image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭
    In my day it wasn't about getting the hot rookie - cards came out in January or February and there wasn't much publicity about the newcomers. It was all about getting the star cards and the hometown players.

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • "this is exactly how I felt when I used to buy packs and open them"

hmmmmmmm... quite true.
    however, far more expensive than the five cents each i remember from my childhood image

• << <i>, hey, this is exactly how I felt when I used to buy packs and open them up in the early 80s. The same anticipation...the same disappointment at getting a ton of commons...and the same excitment in getting the hot rookie. For me, getting the grades has replaced opening packs as far as the thrill and the curiosity of "what am I going to get?" >>

image Waiting for first own sub to PSA. It makes the day go quick and when I log on after work, its like christmas morning opening up those presents in hope of the new nerf football.image
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies