Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

OT: Anyone knwo anything about vintage comics?

Before I post scans and do all the work, anyone here on the boards know about vintage comics and prices, grading, etc? I know very little but do know some Amazing Spider-Man comics I have go for some $$$.

I really am trying to find a link to a price guide or a message board for comics collectors (like this board but comics).

Comments

• You might want to get a copy of Overstreet, it is the standard price guide for comics.
    As with anything vintage, grading is critical.

There are several grading companies: CGC, PGX

• I just put up a batch of nice vintage Comics (all graded).
    From the 50's and 60's.
    Avengers, I Dream of Jeannie, Metal Men, Green Lantern, Man from U.N.C.L.E., Buster Crabbe and many others...

COMICS - click here
  • ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    Have grading prices gone down? They were rather high the last time I checked and wasn't really worth it for me at the time.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • The prices are still high. Of course, there's a whole lot more to grading a comic compared to grading a card. Silver Age comics are hardly worth having graded unless they are ultra high grade or key issues. I have a nice run of Phantom Stranger I want to have graded, but the price of grading and the length of time it takes to get graded is prohibitive.