Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Snipe services

For the second time in 3 days, Auction Raptor failed to enter a bid for me on an important auction. Has anyone else had any problems and are there any strong recommendations for other services? Once is forgivable, twice . . .

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports

Comments

• I have found that the overall response time w/ ebay has been slow in the last couple weeks. Maybe that is causing your snipe issues.
  • Unacceptable. Justsnipe.com has 5 free snipes every week and has never failed me once.
  • Justsnipe has been getting my bids in on time since I've been using them. Check them out, they offer 5 freebies p/week.
  • gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Justsnipe has been getting my bids in on time since I've been using them. Check them out, they offer 5 freebies p/week. >>

Who only sets 5 snipes a week? image Anyway, I use the unlimited snipes for $5.00/month. It's been great!
  • Do you guys snipe all auctions, just not big money stuff? Guess it makes sense, as you would not be held hostage to the auction.
  • gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Do you guys snipe all auctions, just not big money stuff? Guess it makes sense, as you would not be held hostage to the auction. >>

For me, it's all auctions unless I see something I want with less than 2 minutes remaining. (The cutoff time to enter a snipe on JustSnipe).
  • Justsnipe for me as well. Never missed a bid.
    Also, for the last 3 or 4 months, they haven't been charging
    me the $5 per month fee for unlimited snipes. I wonder if
    someone is sleeping.
  • LOL, yeah my freebies were done after the 1st day and I couldn't wait another 6 days to get more. The $5 a month is a bargain, IMO.
  • yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    I just recently joined justsnipe.com and love it! I have no doubt it has already saved me a decent amount of money so paying 5 bucks a month is like them paying ME. I have sniped all my auctions I was interested in and it hasnt failed to put in a bid yet. I highly recommend it.
  • NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    I've had ebay freeze up when I've been trying to bid quite often lately. On Thursday, I had about 8 auctions that took me at least 3 minutes each (and often several tries) to make bids - in 3 of the cases, the auction closed without my being able to enter a bid.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    bidnapper.com

right now i have 50 snipes out there. i check at the end of each day to see how i do. it's kind of like a blackjack dealer. no thinking involved.

• smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭
    Auction Raptor is also $5 per month for unlimited snipes. Generally it has not failed me in the past, but recently . . .

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    justsnipe was pretty unreliable for me- I ended up switching to bidnapper.com It's been great. I used esnipe prior to justsnipe, but it was costing a small fortune.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• I've always used auctionsniper.com (like 4 years at least now) but might have to check out some of these other recommended ones. I love auction snipers toolbar feature...its soo easy and quick.

edited to add its only failed me once, out of about 2000+ auctions
  • so, eventually, everyone is going to use a snipe service. and everyone will have the latest VCP or other pricing service to determine their maximum snipe. seems like sellers should be really promoting this practice to maximize their final auction price. This should drive prices up and up for popular and/or rare items since you will have a snipe versus snipe scenario in all these situations and everyone's max snipe level should be reached. seems like a bad trend to me.....at least if you're a buyer. am I off base??
    Mark B.

Seeking primarily PSA graded pre-war "type" cards

My PSA Registry Sets

34 Goudey, 75 Topps Mini, Hall of Fame Complete Set, 1985 Topps Tiffany, Hall of Fame Players Complete Set
  • cohocorpcohocorp Posts: 1,371 ✭✭
    i use auctionstealer and i do not have any problems with it.
  • theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    This should drive prices up and up for popular and/or rare items since you will have a snipe versus snipe scenario in all these situations and everyone's max snipe level should be reached. seems like a bad trend to me.....at least if you're a buyer. am I off base??

crave,
    i think it will be the opposite. the guy who really wants it the most (and can afford it!) will get it. what is worse is seeing a card you want with a $100 snipe and two or more people get into a bidding war to see who has the most testostorone and days before the auction is over the card is at $200.

snipes let cooler heads prevail. i snipe so much that i would be broke if i won everything. sometimes i get bargains, sometimes i get outbid, sometimes i get outbid by a lot where my bid doesn't even register. at the end of the day what was supposed to happen, happened.

i would love it if everyone sniped. each bidder getting one shot and let's see where we stand.
  • Use JustSnipe here with no problems at all. I pay the $5/mo. when I have more money in the budget. Otherwise, 5 snipes per week helps me keep my spending under control...
  • calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    Much to everyones dismay I use auctionsniper.com . I pay a % of each winning snipe. There is a minimum , so its only used when its $25 or more. They have never let me down, fairly easy to use, a service that I have learned to trust.

Lately some of the auctions ,have been horribly bogged down , come showtime. Three weeks ago, I had about 10 1983 topps that I had on watch. I had multiple screens set with my bids and all I had to do was hit the final bid button. With over 3 minutes to go , ebay's servers had a brain fart and I was unable to even put one bid in. I have comcast highspeed and quickly check the upline speed.It was cooking at close to 700kb's. It was them and not me. All them cards sold for under $2 with most at $0.99. An auction service , right there and then would've paid for it self, put I really trust the service I have. Live by the sword , die by the sword.
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • I use Auctionstealer. I have had only two mechanical problems in over two years and probably 2000 snipes. I have been very satisfied.
    Registry sets:
    1954 Topps BB
    1955 Bowman BB
    1956 Topps Super BB
    1957 Topps BB
    1969 Topps BB
    1984 Donruss BB
    1961 Fleer W.S. Pennants
    1960-62 Fleer Team Logo Decals Run