Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Question about PSA/DNA auto authentication encapsulation

Say that 5 times fast. image

I'm looking to get an autographed 1949 Bowman authenticated and then hopefully encapsulated, but I don't need/want it graded. Do I need to be a current PSA member to do so? Couldn't seem to figure it out from the web site.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Options
    you can always find a PSA dealer in your area and they will do it for a fee.
    Mark B.

Seeking primarily PSA graded pre-war "type" cards

My PSA Registry Sets

34 Goudey, 75 Topps Mini, Hall of Fame Complete Set, 1985 Topps Tiffany, Hall of Fame Players Complete Set
  • Options
    I believe you do need to be a member because it is a psa service which requires membership. psa/dna does not require membership
  • Options

<< <i>I believe you do need to be a member because it is a psa service which requires membership. psa/dna does not require membership >>

PSA/DNA does authentication and even encapsulation without a membership being required. But if I read it correctly, only with certain cards. I tried calling the customer service and he didn't seem to know. I may try again though. I suspect I do need a membership.

Sorry if this is an obvious question, but how can I find a PSA dealer in my area?
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    I believe you can submit the card for autograph authentication only. The card will come with a blue label and only the autograph will be graded or authenticated (your choice). I don't believe you need to be a member for this service. Submit to PSA/DNA

If you want a red label, the card will need to go through grading or authentication (your choice) and then the autograph through authentication (no grade). You will need to be a member for this service. Submit to PSA