Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Are these wax boxes legit?

Does anyone have any dealings with 1vintage1? He has a lot of 70s wax boxes going off in 2 days. Maybe hes old school because they are not graded....any one have experience?

Comments

• Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    There is a 100% chance his stuff is resealed. Look at his feedback- several things were returned. Items are private. Stay away.

Lee
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    NO, garbage. barry brothers , known resealers
  • Options
    "1972 TOPPS BASEBALL WAX BOX(GRADED GAI)"

This is his tag line from the 72 set auction. Of course, you have to read the description to find out that only one of the packs, supposedly from the box he is selling, was graded. He could have pulled the best looking pack, or he could have purchased the pack separately. Who would know?

If you look at his feedback, it is highly suspicious and much of it is private. He takes great pains to reply to feedback received with a lot of hype but for items for which there is no link. And why would he say "very nice old wax box" if he is the one selling the item? Huge red flag for me.

If it were me, I would avoid. There is no way I would feel confident about buying something from this seller, but that's me.
    Mark B.

Seeking primarily PSA graded pre-war "type" cards

My PSA Registry Sets

34 Goudey, 75 Topps Mini, Hall of Fame Complete Set, 1985 Topps Tiffany, Hall of Fame Players Complete Set
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    The 71 Topps baseball box he has listed is clearly marked o-pee-chee, he calls it a wax box then mentions it has 10 packs. Some of the other boxes aren't full either. Sure would love to open all that stuff!!
  • Options
    cohocorpcohocorp Posts: 1,371 ✭✭
    huge red flags. i would certainly stay away.
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    1vintage1 is a known resealer from way back. It is about his 10th identify. Do not bid unless you want to get taken.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Without reading the thread I knew the answer was "NO." Anytime you have to ask if it's legit then you know it's not. You want it to be legit but you KNOW it's not. In my opinion, I would wait for something better.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Garbage, all resealed, stay away unless you want searched packs!!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    On the plus side, if PRO or GEM ever decide to grade packs, you could get them graded.

Lee
  • Options

<< <i>On the plus side, if PRO or GEM ever decide to grade packs, you could get them graded.

Lee >>

I heard GEM will open the packs then reseal them and slab them with this on the flip for example........ 1960 Topps Wax -Mantle Inside-
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    That's pretty cool. Will they do the same with racks? You could own an 89 Fleer rack with six Ripken variations showing!!

Lee
  • Options

<< <i>That's pretty cool. Will they do the same with racks? You could own an 89 Fleer rack with six Ripken variations showing!!

Lee >>

8 !! I'll slip 2 back to back in the header !!
    imageimageimage