Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Pedigree labeling...

Here's another weird thing I thought of....

If I have Omaha Bank Hoard pedigree dimes, and I send my 100% complete dime set in for the RLJensen pedigree, does my pedigree get added on, replace, or cannot be added to the previously pedigreed coin.

That's ok...I just read that and don't get it either, but I know what I'm trying to say. image

Comments

• Options
    badgerbadger Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭
    I've sent coins in for pedigree that would include the previous collection name. For example, I got some of my proof Franklins from the RRL collection. They are now in a holder with "RRL - Elite Cameo" as the pedigree.

I also have one "R&I Plate Coin" that was a photographed coin shown in R&I's book on proof coins.

Badger
    Collector of Modern Silver Proofs 1950-1964 -- PCGS Registry as Elite Cameo

Link to 1950 - 1964 Proof Registry Set
    1938 - 1964 Proof Jeffersons w/ Varieties
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think only well respected previous pedigrees are added to with your pedigree. I for one would want to get rid of the Omaha pedigree.
    My reason is that many of the coins just barely make there grade in many collectors mind. JMO.
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    I am pretty sure if there is room you have the choice to keep the old or not. There is only a limited amount of space so I don't know if there is any record in the PCGS system that shows older pedigrees.
  • Options
    larrynjlarrynj Posts: 535
    lindedad, i couldn't agree more about the omaha pedigree. i have never seen more consistently overgraded jeffersons than those. people who have purchased these should send them to pcgs for a grade guarantee refund. this is bulk grading program at it's worst.
  • Options
    DrizztDrizzt Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭
    The few FB Omaha Dimes I have seem to be consistant with others for the grade, however, I have seen some uuuuuuugly toned Omaha dimes. I don't see how they could tell that they were MS or not.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The few FB Omaha Dimes I have seem to be consistant with others for the grade, however, I have seen some uuuuuuugly toned Omaha dimes. I don't see how they could tell that they were MS or not.

I did not want to imply that your coins were sub par. Luckly Heritage provides good images of their coins and we can pick and chose. Many collector need to realize that these Omaha Bank Hoard coins are not really from a registery collection or a predigree set. They were rolled coins that Heritage bought from a collector and got slabed and are now selling.

So what I am trying to say is that "Omaha Bank Hoard" is not a true peigree and would not carry into your set.