Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

the madness has begun

I've determined that I need to put together a few 600-700 card PSA 9 baseball sets. Looking at 1975 & 1982, possibly 1984. Haven't landed a decision. Is this going to wreck my life? Haha. I've also fallen in love with the 1948 Leaf set and I'm considering putting together a PSA 1-5 set. How hard are any of these ideas? Should I expect to alienate a few people during my quest to assemble these sets?
WTB:
CINCINNATI REDS
1976 - 1991 - Topps PSA 10
1983 & 1985 Fleer PSA 10
1985 Donruss PSA 10
Blue Ink Signed Topps Cards
Game-Used Bats/Jerseys
OPC PSA 10
MC & OC Cards

OTHER:
Eric Davis Anything
Votto, Willingham, Cantu, Doumit, Gomes
Baron Davis Game Used Jersey

Comments

• NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    1948 Leaf - the SPs are a killer. They are scarce, and there is high competition in any grade.

You will spend a lot of $ working on this set.

1975 Topps - Ryan, Brett, and Aaron draw the biggest money normally, and all 3 are tough to find in PSA 9 and have heavy competition when they come available.

1982 and 1984 Topps - cheap. with very little competition, but there are also a huge host of low population cards that either you'll have to submit yourself (which can make setbuilding very expensive) or hope that 4 Sharp Corners has a lot of commons and minor stars in for grading.

You might want to consider 1985 if you like the Topps sets from the era - 4SC has PSA 9 commons and minor stars from this set in quantity lately.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.