Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

The things we go through...

This is why it's so tough to build a player set, or ANY set for that matter. This is why ANY set builder should be respected, if not just a little anyway.

Ebay Link

This 1998 Donruss Cal Ripken Jr. books for $2.00, has a population of (1) PSA 8, (2) PSA 9, and (5) PSA 10, and it's already at $34.88 with a half hour to go! Earlier today I thought, hmmm, I can snipe this for $15/$20, but nooooooo, lol.

Anyway, just thought I'd share my pitiful plight. image

Comments

• Options
    don't feel so bad, jeff. if it was a vintage card with those pops, you'd need to add a few 0s to your snipe. and, in a few months, you'll be able to get it for $2.
    Mark B.

Seeking primarily PSA graded pre-war "type" cards

My PSA Registry Sets

34 Goudey, 75 Topps Mini, Hall of Fame Complete Set, 1985 Topps Tiffany, Hall of Fame Players Complete Set
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    One day I'll figure out why I can't give PSA 10 pop. 2's of Ripken away for $25, while cards like this sell for $40.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll only spend that much on cards from his Basic Set Registry, since that's what I'm trying to build right now. I've seen his 1995 & 1998 Topps base card PSA 10 sell for over $150 each! I spent $50 on the 1995 PSA 9!! I have no clue why, besides what the population was at the time.