Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

1948 Bowman or 54 Bowman baseball set? most potential

Hello, I have a chance to purchase either or both of these but probably will only get one. They both book for about the same amount. 48 is $3600 and 54 is $4000. Which set do you think has the most potential for growth. Personally, I like the 54 set better and I know it has the T. Williams card also but what are some thoughts? Thanks -- forgot to put that both are probably Vg/Ex

Comments

• Options
    depends on the actual condition of the cards you're buying, particularly the key issues. But, all things being equal, the 48 has more potential IMO due to the unusually high HOF rookie selection. If all the 48s in the set you're buying are trimmed, however, then it has no potential. So, it is not easy to answer your question without more facts. I like the 54 set aesthetically, and it has a lot of HOFers.
    Mark B.

Seeking primarily PSA graded pre-war "type" cards

My PSA Registry Sets

34 Goudey, 75 Topps Mini, Hall of Fame Complete Set, 1985 Topps Tiffany, Hall of Fame Players Complete Set
  • Options
    Both are probably Vg/Ex, sorry forgot that important part. Thanks Cravetopps
  • Options
    quick math would suggest the 48 is a better buy if the key cards are the same grade.
    Mark B.

Seeking primarily PSA graded pre-war "type" cards

My PSA Registry Sets

34 Goudey, 75 Topps Mini, Hall of Fame Complete Set, 1985 Topps Tiffany, Hall of Fame Players Complete Set