Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

WHY ISN'T THERE A REGISTRY CATAGORY FOR FULL-BAND and NON-FULL-BAND ROOSEY DIMES CIRCULATION STRIKE

PCGS has created a Registry for these catagories in DATE SET only.
They should have a catagory for a COMPLETE SET from beginning to present in both full-band and non full-band.
Danny Biddle
Paris, KY.

Comments

• Options
    Why isn't there a 1946-date proof w/varieties set? imageimageimageimage

Don't hold your breath!
  • Options
    And 1965-date doesn't have a no band registry set. So the question is... did they just overlook it, or did they purposely leave it out in order to hope people will collect fb dimes, ie so more fb dimes will be submitted. (I'd say probably the former in this case).

Here's a question, do you think pcgs looks down upon moderns? Ie if they participated in a classics vs modern thread they would bash moderns? It just seems they have a ton of inconsistencies in the modern registry (and improper weightings), and of course in the grading of moderns. It's kind of like they just don't care. The biggest thing for me, is they don't even distinguish between the 1982 Lincoln varieties, meanwhile every coin album and folder, and little kid collecting Lincolns, does!
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danny,

Great to hear you asking about Roosies! So, hows that FB re-submitting going!? imageimage

I have personally submitted a few questions regarding a COMPLETE set of Roosies several times to the Q & A board. I have never received an answer back. Don't expect one either. I think they will eventually put one up. For me it doesn't really matter anymore. Alot of the major sets have fallen by the wayside and it wouldn't to me be a true representaion of some of the finest sets in existance. Some of the greats ie: OnlyRoosies, WhiteFang, Ricks set and Northland Clads had some enormous sets that would be very difficult to achieve today. Half of my set belongs to Onlyroosies and some from others. Had they never sold, I would be in 55th place sucking my thumb! Heck datentype doesn't even bother with Roosies anymore.

So why you ask is there no 1946-Date set...simply no one really cares anymore. Not even me. Thats not to say I wouldn't want to see a hugh set in FB or NON-FB, I think it would be fun.

Danny, why are you asking this question? I would like to know.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    DANNYDANNY Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    For the past year or so I have been working on the FBL MS Franklins.
    I've just about done all I can do there except for the tough and expensive 53S in FBL.
    Need to stay occupied, and concentrating on the Roosies once again might be the route I go.
    Not sure yet, but need to find another series to pursue.
    Yesterday (Mon), I "registered" a new set (Roosey Dimes Date Set 1946-Present), because the PCGS web-site told me I could "create" a new set that would already be 100% complete. After entering the serial #'s of the coins, I was very surprised to find that I had a #1 set!!!
    That kind of "lit a fire" deep down inside.
    Danny Biddle
    Paris, KY.